Series 7.... It's a Boar! (and other castle parts)

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Merlin of Lego
Apprentice

Re: Series 7.... It's a Boar! (and other castle parts)

Post by Merlin of Lego »

My Walmart has series 6
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

My Walmart HAD series 6 in March. They kept the series 6 sidecap display and re-filled it with series 5 and marked them up to $3.00 from the original $2.97. Meijers is currently selling all series 5 for $1.50 each. Perhaps Meijers before Walmart in Ohio...
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

S7 is starting to show up at Fred Meyer locations around Seattle and Portland. I haven't personally seen any yet, but several of my LUG members have reported being able to pick some up.
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Merlin of Lego
Apprentice

Post by Merlin of Lego »

I picked some up yesterday.
Knight Man
Journeyman

Post by Knight Man »

AK_Brickster wrote:S7 is starting to show up at Fred Meyer locations around Seattle and Portland. I haven't personally seen any yet, but several of my LUG members have reported being able to pick some up.
Thans good news, I wonder how long it'll take for us to get them in the Midwest?
~KnightMan~
[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8475/8406300705_86b2d80f86_m.jpg[/img] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/76575933@N02/]My Flickr[/url] [url=https://brickset.com/sets/ownedby-The_Creator]My sets[/url]
bronx
Foot Soldier

Post by bronx »

I understand the Evil Knight is definitively a Castle themed figure, but am I the only one disappointed with it and not all that interested in collecting a number of them?

Besides one for a set, and possibly a few others for the sake of having, I can't imagine going beyond that.

Personally, I really like the Viking Woman. I'm still curious how the helm with attached hair will look on a male minifig.
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

I like the Evil Knight 'fig and will likely collect a number of them, if I get lucky enough to come across them before others. Ten to twelve sound slike a nice group of them to me.
I will say I'll likely pick up any and every aztec warrior 'fig I come across...
Build? I merely Acquire atm.
bronx
Foot Soldier

Post by bronx »

If the Aztec's spear was brown, rather than gold, I would search for several dozen of those guys without hesitation.
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

You could always buy brown spears from Bricklink and swap them out.
bronx
Foot Soldier

Post by bronx »

Karalora wrote:You could always buy brown spears from Bricklink and swap them out.
Considering I know from experience that you ship really fast, I'd prefer you bought brown spears so that I can order again from you. :tasty:

I have been, though. However, they're being put to use with my main, preferred army.

I'd rather not buy from eleventy stores for twenty or more spears. But, given the current stock of many stores, depending on my desire, it may turn to that.
Captain BeerBeard
Serf

Post by Captain BeerBeard »

A store manager let me get my hand's on a fresh box after the storm cleared. The quality on the evil knight is terrible. I got all five from the box. The printing of the boar is very dark. It's nothing like TLG advertised. The arms and legs are also very loose.
Medieval Guy
Squire

Post by Medieval Guy »

Captain BeerBeard wrote:A store manager let me get my hand's on a fresh box after the storm cleared. The quality on the evil knight is terrible. I got all five from the box. The printing of the boar is very dark. It's nothing like TLG advertised. The arms and legs are also very loose.
The quality is bad on all of them? That's bad news. I hope that the ones you got were just a bad batch or something, since I want to get a few of these. I guess it's a good sign that nobody else has mentioned these problems.
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/70980]MOCpages[/url]
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

One of my friends has bought hundreds of the series and we notes that between some boxes the same figures had slight changes in color.

Has any one else seen the Boar knight in person? I'd love to see if they are all that sad.

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

One of my friends has bought hundreds of the series and we notes that between some boxes the same figures had slight changes in color.

Has any one else seen the Boar knight in person? I'd love to see if they are all that sad.

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

Heir of Black Falcon wrote:Has any one else seen the Boar knight in person? I'd love to see if they are all that sad.
I saw one on the weekend a friend had had shipped from somewhere. The boar shield was basically pointless. The print was so dark on black that it was barely visible. They should have followed the first rule of heraldry: no metal on metal or colour on colour. If the boar had been white it would have looked amazing.