Weekly Set Review: Snow White’s Cottage

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
nanuck95
Court jester

Re: Weekly Set Review: Snow White’s Cottage

Post by nanuck95 »

It needs a catapult and flick fire missiles. If it would have had at least a catapult, I would get it in a heartbeat.
Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Post by Sir Nelson »

nanuck95 wrote:It needs a catapult and flick fire missiles. If it would have had at least a catapult, I would get it in a heartbeat.
I'll second the need for flick fire missiles, but this set really needs more Evil Queen, and a cliff and a boulder.

Funny how this set qualifies for a CC set review, be it April Fools or whatnot.
"Old Wizards never die, nor fade away. They just kind of operate behind the scenes and in the shadows... doing all of their weird and wonderful Wizardy things and whatnot."
andhe
Barber-Surgeon

Post by andhe »

Joking aside these Princess sets a perfect for little girls. Do you ever think we'll see this sort of thing work it's way into system sets? Or has the friends theme basically taken that chunk of the potential 'girls lego' market?

Before these came out I was hoping for a classic fairytales theme (following rumours). I guess the series 7 CMF 'grandma's visitor' will have to do, but a cottage and other such fairytale things would have made for a awesome theme.
Less talking, more MOCing.

https://www.instagram.com/classicstylecastle/
eilonwy77
Archer

Post by eilonwy77 »

I heard someone suggest that Friends would blend really well with a Disney Princess line. Not to mention the Disney Fairies; there is a huge market out there for those. They've even done movies. Where's Tinkerbell and the other residents of Pixie Hollow? I'm sure they would be a big hit. There could be sweet little fairy houses, like those in the first movie (about Pixie Hollow). Fairy houses! It would be sweet!
andhe
Barber-Surgeon

Post by andhe »

eilonwy77 wrote:I heard someone suggest that Friends would blend really well with a Disney Princess line. Not to mention the Disney Fairies; there is a huge market out there for those. They've even done movies. Where's Tinkerbell and the other residents of Pixie Hollow? I'm sure they would be a big hit. There could be sweet little fairy houses, like those in the first movie (about Pixie Hollow). Fairy houses! It would be sweet!
I guess the Disney Princesses would work better as mini-dolls than mini-figs, but would be a shame for compatibility. I'm also disappointed by the Friends animals looking 'un-lego' and lacking compatibility (why the new horse??). However, a snow white cottage, cinderella carriage, evil queen and mirror, etc etc even in friend-scale would provide some great parts and builds for castle builders. To the cuusoo-mobile! :P
Less talking, more MOCing.

https://www.instagram.com/classicstylecastle/