My thoughts on vladek encounter and a ? for jojo

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
timber_wolf899
Merchant

My thoughts on vladek encounter and a ? for jojo

Post by timber_wolf899 »

Greetings

ok i REALLY wish the shields didnt have that goofy round thing in the middle!!!!

so dissapointing.

Same with the bronze sword. it would be awsome if the hand guard was correct, as so many had said.

now the question for jojo and the rest of you data heads.

: ) The four bladed spears in the orient sets, are there two models of them?

Next, the baseplate for the old sphynx set, has it been used in anything else, possibly cheeper?

thanks
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

There is already a thread for this:

viewtopic.php?t=2161

And if you want the sphinx baseplate, I have one that I could possibly trade :D
pwnage
Jojo
Master

Re: My thoughts on vladek encounter and a ? for jojo

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
timber_wolf899 wrote:now the question for jojo and the rest of you data heads.
The four bladed spears in the orient sets, are there two models of them?

There are two models with them, Dragon Fortress 7419 and Passage of Jun-Chi 7413. Those are the old dark grey Orient spears. The ones in the KK2 sets are - of course - new dark grey.

Next, the baseplate for the old sphynx set, has it been used in anything else, possibly cheeper?
This exact baseplate (tan coloured) only comes in the Sphynx Secret Surprise 5978. Ther is also a dark grey one in Ogel Control Center 6776 and a light green (or how this colour may be described) in Poolside Paradise 6416. Another plate of this shape but in green is in one peculiar US-only Basic/Classic set 4293.

Bye
Jojo

LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

So when can we expect to see an "ask Jojo" weekly article? :D
J/K

on topic - the tan baseplate that came with the sphinx suprise is cool, but sorta limited too. It's not too hard to really build anything on it, but its not easy either. You have to either build small enough to fit on its limited room, or make it a part of something bigger, so unless you have the 2x1x3 up angles (dont know what peeron part this is - i hope you know what i am talking about) then you will have some minor gaps.
Still - its kinda neat for smaller mocs.

:D
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

LEGOFREAK wrote:So when can we expect to see an "ask Jojo" weekly article? :D
J/K

on topic - the tan baseplate that came with the sphinx suprise is cool, but sorta limited too. It's not too hard to really build anything on it, but its not easy either. You have to either build small enough to fit on its limited room, or make it a part of something bigger, so unless you have the 2x1x3 up angles (dont know what peeron part this is - i hope you know what i am talking about) then you will have some minor gaps.
Still - its kinda neat for smaller mocs.

:D

I believe the part you are talking about is often referred to as an Inverted Slope.

75 degree inverted slopes are usually fairly difficult to obtain, but Chamber of Secrets has about 16 of them in Light Gray. I got a couple when they were 50% off at S@H, so I have a bunch of those slopes now.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
wlister
Sheriff

Re: My thoughts on vladek encounter and a ? for jojo

Post by wlister »

Snipped...
timber_wolf899 wrote: : ) The four bladed spears in the orient sets, are there two models of them?
If you are asking whether or not there are two styles of them, then no, there is only one mold for the four bladed spear. The New Vladek Attack set and the KKII joust set also come with Dark Bley four bladed spears. I don't have the set numbers because I'll likely never buy any KKII sets. See Aiden's thread in Buy/Sell/Trade to see why I never have to buy these sets. :D

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

jojo is the man!
thanks
i think i will be wanting a tan and a green plate. woot

thanks all