I just built 8778 her's what I....

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

I just built 8778 her's what I....

Post by Troy T. Moore »

..think. My wife and kids are gone for 2 weeks to Texas to visit her parents and a few of her siblings and their respective families. As soon as I got home today I opened the box that arrived from S@H last week, which contained 3x 8778. They are Christmas presents for my kids x2 and one for me, but it has to be kept quiet until then, which is why I can do this now that they are gone.

I like the shadow knight and his helm. More of these available for a reasonable price in larger quantities is desireable. The bridge is cool. The amount of actual bricks is impressive (as Rouge27 mentioned in his review). If this set were in the classic colours :shock: , but it isn't, so :evil: All in all I think it will be fun for the kiddies, but it is a bit silly that Santis flips off the soccer flipper (so that's why they call it a "flipper") after the rock. The reddish brown BURP is neat.

At the end of the day I can handle the ill-conceived KK2 but the colour changes leave me stinging. A fun set, which I think is the best of the actual sets so far, with the exception of the to be released in NA, Talonjay castle and Vladek's siege tower combo (I don't count 8777 as a set, it's more of an outrageously priced minifig pack.). If you see this on sale, buy it.
Troy T. Moore
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

I agree, there are a lot of sets... too bad they're not the old colors.

I played with the set for awhile when I first bought it, then destroyed it for the bridge....
It's a Christmas Miracle!
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

but it is a bit silly that Santis flips off the soccer flipper (so that's why they call it a "flipper") after the rock.
:oops: Sorry, I never bought any of the soccer sets. The minifig feet slide down in the flipper and is very solid if done properly, which I did not do the first time. So, no, he doesn't flip off ofter the rock :oops:
Troy T. Moore
The Josh
Apprentice

Post by The Josh »

Troy T. Moore wrote:the box that arrived from S@H last week, which contained 3x 8778
Did you order the Lego club special 8778c? Lego Magazine for July-August 2004 has a special for 8778. If you order 8778 through Lego Club, you get a special pack of 6 rare KK2 trading cards. I'm just curious because I'm considering ordering the special and I wanted to know if it was worth it.

-The Josh