Which Castle set would you like to see as a Legend next?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Which Castle set would you like to see as a Legend next?

Post by SavaTheAggie »

If you remember, a while ago, LEGO allowed us, the AFOL community, along with the rest of the world (but they don't really count, right? :wink: ) to vote on which classic LEGO set would be re-released as a Legend.

On the list were two Castle sets, the original Yellow Castle and the Black Falcon's fortress.

Now, so far three of the 5 sets on the list have been made into Legends (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

It stands to reason that the Yellow Castle may be re-released as well. If it does, LEGO has said that the visors would be the new type, not the classic style. Personally I'd love to get my hands on a red and white new style visor.

Anyway.

Which Castle set would you like to see become a Legend next?

As I said, I'd love to see the Yellow Castle.

But another possibility perhaps, would be the Black Monarch's castle. I say this because this set is a large set (woohoo!) and as far as I can remember doesn't have any particularly rare pieces that LEGO no longer would have the mold for. And cause I think it's really cool! And different from the BFF in looks. (Sets like the King's Castle and the Knight's Castle are very similar to the BFF, being all grey, and might not appeal to LEGO if the layman can't tell the difference at a glance).

Or perhaps a smaller, cheaper set? How about the Knight's Stronghold? Pretty cool set if you ask me, big doors, catapult, neat wall design. I'd buy it again.

What about you?
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi Anthony,

This is a great topic!

1) I would like to see midsize sets released. Examples include: 6062 Battering Ram and 6061 Siege Tower. One of these two sets is necessary to close a castle that has an additional building (Guarded Inn). These sets would probably be in the $20-25 range. I believe that LEGO 'should' make on of these sets next, but that probably will not happen.

2) As I predicted when the LEGO Legend poll came out, LEGO will likely make all of these sets. So far, they have made most of the poll choices. I would be very happy to have a new yellow castle with many different colored visors and stickers for shields and armor!

3) We all want minifigures. Please make 6102 or 6103 (even without the pitchfork!) Minifig heavy sets like 6048 Viking Voyager or 1584 Knight's Challenge would be nice too.

4) I could also see more main faction sets. By this I mean that BFF is the best castle for Falcons. So we could see larger sets such as 6080 King's Castle (Please!!!), 6085 Black Monarch's Castle, or even 6066 Camouflaged Outpost.

5) Legend Key Chains. Go ahead and laugh! But we do have the pirate captain and magisto again. How about a black falcon, crusader, or even a knight keychain. :D
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

pilfering history

Post by Glencaer »

First let me say, that I'd prefer new sets, or even MOCline, over legends. But Legends rock either way.

I'd like to see some of the detail oriented sets of the classic line. Such as the battering ram, seige tower, and one of the three civilian sets, the original blacksmith. Actually the weapons merchant would be seriously cool as well, complete with a Black Sword (even if it is the flimsy new type).

-Lenny
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
dookie
Serf

Post by dookie »

mmmm...Black Falcon keychain. Yes, I'd like to see a re-release of that, plus other sets that are Black Falcon populated.

Monarch Castle would be my vote b/c I'm not quite fond of the yellowness in the Yellow Castle (even though one of my favorite pieces is the Yellow-Tudor-Castle wall).

What I'd really like to see is 6062 Battering Ram. Six minifigures in total and half of them are Black Falcon knights :D.
I like Cup Ramen! What I like even more is the Ramen from the Ichiraku that Iruka Sensei bought me. What I dislike is waiting the three minutes for the Cup Ramen to cook. My hobby is eating lots of Cup Ramen!
- Uzumaki Naruto (Naruto ep. 4)
gerkenz
Peasant

Crusaders

Post by gerkenz »

Hmm... of course the 6080 ! ;)

not only for the huge amount of gray bricks, no - it is one of the best classic castles with normal groundplates !

and a crusaders-castle :)
----
see ya,
Kai
Kev
Bailiff

Great ideas about the 6061 & 6062

Post by Kev »

I'd like to see a release of the Armour Shop and Blacksmith Shop as a combo set. That should clock in around $19.99, and I think it would sell very well.
Lego Knight Matt
Gong Farmer

hmmm

Post by Lego Knight Matt »

I personally would like to see some of the smaller to medium sets from the mid-late 80's. that was a real hayday for lego castle and i was too yougn to appreciate it
Did you know that it is perfectly leagal to shoot a scotsman with a long bow within the walls of York?!?
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

6080 would definitely be at the top of the list, I remember well when this came out. I sadly was too young to realize that multiple copies of sets was a good idea. Sadly when you are ten it is hard to have forsight.

6040 and 6041 would make an excellent combination. 6102 or 6103 would be more than excellent, army building sets are definitely my preference, but we may be waiting for the Harry Potter license to die before we see any real castle action.

It would be great to see the Legends line continue in some form, but I am not sure how well the Legends line has been doing for Lego Direct, it has been quite a while since we have heard anything about the possibility of new sets. They have been rather quiet on the My Own Creation line as well. Hopefully they haven't given up on either lines, but I guess we will see. I think if the line had been really successful we would have heard about a continuation of the line.
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

I'd like to know what set lego proposed us for the poll, if someone can tell me. I didn't view this poll anywhere.

If I place myself in the position of lego, it will be sets that has a nice looking like 6067 and 6074. Also, it has to be a true classic. Sets that are close to our heart.

Someone propose 6040 and 6041. 6041 is a good choice, for the looking, but it was not so close to my heart. 6040 has not a so good looking, but is very precious for me.

6067 and 6074 has both very nice looking and were very close to our heart. Other sets fill both condition, like 6066 and 6085. I think Lego will take in consideration the price too. 6085, will cost a lot. Maybe 60$.

My choice is 6066 because of the nice looking, the size and the possibilities. It will cost about the same price as 10000.

P.S. Please excuse my not very well English. I'm a french speaker.
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Last year there was a poll on Lego.com asking what sets should be rereleased. They were:
Black Falcon's Fortress, which has since been released as a legend:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/10039
Main Street, also rereleased as a legend:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/10041
Black Seas Barracuda, which has since been released as a legend (I think this one actually won the poll):
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/10040
And two sets that have not been released as legends (yet, at least):
Battrax:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6941
And, my choice, the original Yellow Castle:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/375_2
Sadly, at Brickfest last year Brad Justus (or was it Jake?) said that the Yellow Castle came in last. There was some speculation on why that was, either that the two castle sets split the vote, or that the Yellow Castle doesn't have unique parts.

Bruce
bobtrollinger
Gong Farmer

Post by bobtrollinger »

I would like to see the 6061 Siege Tower released as a Legend.
stuifzand
Archer

Post by stuifzand »

The castle minifig pack would be nice to see again, so I can buy loads of them :D But the pitchforks have been discussed a lot of times, and it won't come back I understand :(
I also wouldn't mind seeing back the forestmen sets. I would love it if I could buy a few of those at the toystores or at shop@home.
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

:shock: What !!!
You said that there is no chance to see the pichtfork again....

This is one of the niciest piece of lego.
What a shame.
...snif snif... :cry:
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Yes David,

Unfortunately, LEGO has confirmed that there will not be any more pitchforks or cypress trees. :cry:
stuifzand
Archer

Post by stuifzand »

Is the pitchfork not brought back for the same reason as the cypress tree? I never realised that.
But still, a big dissapointment...
If you're a Dutch legofan, visit [url=http://www.lowlug.nl]Lowlug[/url]!