Opinions on the new swords

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Aeridian
Councilor
Location: A wanderer, for home is where the food is good and the company is better.

Re: Opinions on the new swords

Post by Aeridian »

Lobberuno wrote: And the claymore... I loved it, definitely. I'd like the paladins or high rank knights came with one of these in the good guys side.
I agree, it seems alright for the regular soldier to be armed with the new short sword, but the knights too? That doesn't really fit well. Maybe if Lego extends it to another wave they will change it... kinda doubt it though.
~ Ductus Exemplo ~
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/aeridian/]Flickr[/url]
Brickninja
Here there be dragons

Re: Opinions on the new swords

Post by Brickninja »

I think the new swords are really cool, and are a welcome addition to the castle arsenal. On a side note, I am also a huge fan of the new spear piece with the rubber tip. The new long sword looks great and not to fancy compared to the old long sword, which I found hard to clip into minifigs' hands. I also love the new gladius/shortsword, I use it as a basic infantry sword. But I'm not that big on the new fancy round shortsword that was introduced in the heroic knight fig in series 9, and has seen continued use in the new castle line, which I like as a theme. I say use the new long sword or gladius or the old sword.