I've been meaning to post and talk about this for the loooooongest time. Has anyone else noticed that the Knight's Kingdom theme is strikingly similar to the Ninjago theme? What works for Ninjago that didn't with Knight's Kingdom? Kids LOVE Ninjago, adults seem to approve of it despite its...weirdness, and some of its sets are winning toy of the year! Here's their similarities that I could think of:
- both are under the historical context (knights & ninjas, not the other random stuff.
- 4 characters, each with special abilities, in bright colors.
- live in a mystical land
- one big mean baddie to defeat, who has an army of infinite soldiers at his command
- artifact(s) needed in order to stop main bad guy
- gimmicky cardgame/topgame attached to it
- Has book(s)/tv show attached to it. (supplementary background info/storyline things)
- very...odd/weak...set design
Anyone else think Ninjago is KK with Ninjas slapped on? Or is it just me?
Is it the times? Was the KK hate due to the color changes or other scares about TLG closing down? If KK hadn't had that, might have gone over better? Is it the fact that it is just Ninja-related?, and looking past all it's weirdness, are elements and pieces better for what AFOL(s) wanna see? I'm not really an expert on why people didn't like KK (I grew up with it though, so I don't hate it quite as much, but putting the swords on the saddles were definitely annoying
), but I'd like to know what you think the differences are. Also, if you think of anymore similarities, let me know.