Bag End

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
smitty9999
Gong Farmer

Re: Bag End

Post by smitty9999 »

Sir Prog wrote:This set looks BOSS, but at $60 I won't come close to buying it. I love its authenticity, especially the rounded shape. For $60, I'd hope it could have a 360 degree shell and split open for dual interior play. I just can't get in line with the steep inflation TLG has installed across the board. It's really insulting, and even if I buy their regular brands in the future, this incline will keep me away from the licensed products forever.

Set = Awesomesauce

Price = The real fantasy

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this set is ridiculously overpriced. I think it's designed nicely but it's half a set and it looks like a tight fit on the inside.
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Crazylegoman wrote:I have to disagree with those who say that $60 USD is too high of a price for this set. When you compare Bag End to other sets of similar size, this one looks really parts intense. Other castle-themed sets of this size would likely have less detail and open areas held up by 1X2X5 bricks. The set also has 6 nice MF's. Then, of course, there's the license fee that LEGO has to pay. Considering those factors, I think that $60 is a fair price.

I agree, this appears to have a lot of parts very densely packed together compared to a lot of the larger, more open, sets we often see. I also expect that the figures alone will be worth quite a bit.

Since this won't be out until December, I'm hoping the final model will include a printed dark red book and printed wood grain tiles rather than the stickers currently shown. Also, I think those are dark green windows, and I think that is awesome.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

I waited to comment, because I wasn't sure about buying any of the LOTR sets. But this one, it really draws me in. It has great parts. It's well designed. It's immediately recognizable. The figs are cool. I would have expected a much higher price point being a license. I think its very well done.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Kev
Bailiff

Post by Kev »

I've decided to become completist on the LOTR lego sets, and this set just reinforces that decision. Really nice, pricey, but nice. But that's expected for a detailed set with lots of little pieces.
Gothano
Villein

Post by Gothano »

I agree that this is a nice but pricey set. Unfortunatelly I prefer to have a whole house of this set, to integrate to my castle scenery as charcoal burner house ore something like this, so I have to buy to of them :cry:

I wish back the time f.e. of medieval market place and before where you got houses for minifig that are closed and can be opened for playing... :roll:
It's a new toy every day (com. slogan 1988)

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/gothano76/]flickr.com/photos/gothano76[/url]
Ryclen
Laborer

Post by Ryclen »

Honestly, I really would get this set if I wasn't going to get Helm's Deep (and maybe the Mirkwood Spider set? Cave of the Goblin King set? :D ) this winter. However, seeing as I am, well, I might pick it up later, maybe on discount. But I believe that this series is going to continue for a good long while, and if it does I'm pretty sure Lego will do a redo of this set. However, that's all in the far future. And with a lot of ifs.
It is a really nice set though. And that pretzel.... :eyebrows: