10656 Princess

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Captain BeerBeard
Serf

Re: 10656 Princess

Post by Captain BeerBeard »

Does she have a double sided head? It looks like the Kingdoms Joust princess head. Is it?
Aeridian
Councilor
Location: A wanderer, for home is where the food is good and the company is better.

Post by Aeridian »

Interesting to say the least. Yeah, so she does have a good bit of pink on her, along with a necklace and bow. I kinda think another medieval female is a nice addition, because they usually only come in the bigger sets. And with the pink, that makes sense, she's a lady and they sometimes wear pink.
~ Ductus Exemplo ~
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/aeridian/]Flickr[/url]
ludzik
Steward

Post by ludzik »

Bluesecrets wrote:So I bought this set, all happy and excited for it..and then it was a "meh" moment when I realized just how much I paid for it. Sure it is probably in line with other pricing but it really wasn't something I was excited about. Is it worth the price? Not to me. Maybe to someone who wants a lot of horses. It's nice. But meh...I wont' be buying another.
I ended up getting two at 20% off..... so far I opened one, like the fig, like the horse but the rest of the bricks are laying scattered for the most part and well.... not fitting my color scheme :D The pink castle wall/battlement piece is just too pink :D
Miro78
Gong Farmer

Post by Miro78 »

Captain BeerBeard wrote:Does she have a double sided head? It looks like the Kingdoms Joust princess head. Is it?
Not sure if you ever got an answer. The Princess' head (from set 10656 set) has a single sided printed head. It's not a unique head, and like the other's have already stated, only the torso is new. I submitted the catalog entry for this minifigure on Bricklink (catalog minifigure ID cas515 in case anyone is looking for it there). Yes, the skirt is a reused one, also present in the following 3 other sets: Brickbeard's bounty set 6243, Grand Emporium set 10211, and Fairytale and Historic Figures set 9349. The torso is exclusive to this My First Princess set 10656 only. Yes, the set is a bit pink heavy for most Castle MOCers, as the target audience was little girls wanting a small Princess set.

On a slightly related note, I think Arwen's minifigure (Bricklink ID lor060) would make for a nice princess figure, given that you might need to swap for an alternate hair piece unless elfish ears are your preference. Do note that the torso has flesh coloring, so this would not work so well with yellow toned minifigures.

Miro
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Hey Miro! Welcome to the forum!

I actually snagged a Arwen minifig and the nice thing about the "fleshie" part of her torso is that it's actually really light compared to most (I suppose because she's an elf), and it doesn't seem to stand out quite as badly as I think most flesh prints do on torsos. I'm actually hoping to find a yellow sharpie to go over it with anyway, but it is such a great fig that I think it's worth getting one to add to your female castle populace.

Good tip! :)
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!