I added images to Steve's post at the top of the thread. Some initial thoughts:
- Once again, wow.
- Black slope and arch parts pack
- I count 12 to 18 of the new gothic half-arch piece in black. I still want this is light gray to do cathedrals, but black is cool too.
- Tolkien geek moment - there seem to be portraits of all five wizards in the 'library' level.
- Sadly, those portraits, the two 'document' tiles, the books all seem to be stickers.
- Nice point of connection between sets, the 'bomb' is the same as seen in the Helm's Deep set.
- I do wish that Treebeard were in a stand-alone set (probably with Merry and Pippin), as you could buy several and then vary up the design a bit to get an army of marching Ents. Sure, you can always take this design and then delve into your collection or Bricklink and make more, but it would be nice.
- Cool swirly colored dome piece for the Palantir.
- Saruman has a swap out leg piece to switch for his robe/slope. Not that we don't all have extra white legs laying around, but it's a nice touch.
- Good connection between the Wizard Battle small set and the throne room on the third level. A difference in the Palantir stand, but the throne and those two lamps on either side are the same design.