vladek attack kit review

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Thanks for the pictures, Blue.
Do I see a fallen Vladek?
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

Oh my gosh! Hahahah..I didn't even notice. Too funny.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

I have been underwhelmed by the sets in general from KK2, but these two actually have me interested. I suppose I'll have to break down and order these. Thanks for the review.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Does anyone know if the current sale on the Vladek Attack kit is permanent or for a limited time only?
I was going to buy it today, but instead I opted to buy a set of moonstone runes for my girlfriend. Curse her. Curse her and her womanly ways.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

doctorsparkles wrote
was going to buy it today, but instead I opted to buy a set of moonstone runes for my girlfriend. Curse her. Curse her and her womanly ways.
Maybe she could buy it for you. All is fair......
Troy T. Moore
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Is the green knight the same color as the normal Lego green? I'm wondering because I wouldn't mind getting rid of that light grey hip piece when I end up picking up this set.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
doctorsparkles wrote:Is the green knight the same color as the normal LEGO green? I'm wondering because I wouldn't mind getting rid of that light grey hip piece when I end up picking up this set.
It's normal green like any Forestman.

Bye
Jojo

Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

It's not that I'm not gonna buy those 2 sets (cause I'm a collector hence got to have them ALL!!!) but looking at those sets in compare to 6061, 6062 or 6059 they are still crap, and it's not that they couldn't have been better, and I'm not talking anymore about new colors, flamboyant knight or the cardboard, what really bugs me (and it's the smae for all the KK II line and most of the sets for KKI) is that most of the bricks are BULKs. The big wheels, the 1 brick high baseplates and not to mantioned even the new wall. In this rate KKIII will have a wall in the size of 5x16x10 !!!!

BTW the pictures that were reffered to me and Ben earlier are from TLC and not really ours yet, but we promise ours really soon 8)
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

i dunno.
i thought the wall had a lot of 1x1 and 2x1's
the baseplate and 'short' gate do bug me a bit (though)

but i think it is superior to the knight's stronghold.

6062<battering ram?> imho is the best wall segment ever done by lego, but this new wall isnt half bad. i'm hoping we get a castle for rascus, maybe with large green gates!
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Webrain wrote:It's not that I'm not gonna buy those 2 sets (cause I'm a collector hence got to have them ALL!!!) but looking at those sets in compare to 6061, 6062 or 6059 they are still crap
Oh yes they are. 6059 and 6062 are far far superior, and TLC could still build things that good if they wanted to. 6061's wall is not too exciting, but it's siege tower is probably the best one yet.

The wall in Vladek Attack Kit looks terrible. Oddly shaped, lots of large parts that don't seem to go well together, still no generic good-guy soldiers, and that blue just looks awful on the wall. Still, it has some good parts, namely the doors and minifigs.

The siege engine... ug. I dislike the big cardboard parts on the sides. The whole thing is very bulky looking, just like a lot of the KK1 stuff. It lacks the efficient and elegant design the stuff in the 80s had, but I must admit that the slopes in the centers of the wheels are a nice touch.

I think the best thing about this set is that it suggests that all portions of the land of Morcia will eventually be the host of at least one castle set. Now we just need the gang to visit a forest where bandits live in hidden tree fortreses...

...but I'm sure TLC would somehow mess that up as well.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

I just got my attack kit in the mail today!

Overall, I think they're better than the other KKII sets have been, but thats still not saying much :(

I suppose I can have a lotta fun play with them, but the castle lacks. I've seen LEGO make better walls that look complete even though they're not.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I intended to buy the attack kit with my paycheck on Friday, but instead I made another Bricklink order. 365 pieces for 30 dollars or 810 pieces, every one of them useful, for the same price? Hmm... tough choice.
I suppose the attack kit will have to wait another 2 weeks.
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

The VAK set is a pretty good expander set for just 30. to bad it doesn't includes Danju then the dreamteam was complete. :d