Functional Siege Weapons

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Functional Siege Weapons

Post by doctorsparkles »

I hope this is in the right section... it pertains to both official and unofficial designs...
I just built a copy of 6030 as best as I could with the pieces that I have (I'm waiting for the real thing to show up in the mail, and I'm horribly impatient), and it really doesn't do much... the projectile just kind of rolled out of the bucket and onto the floor.
So, I'm wondering: Are there any official Lego-designed siege engines that are functional?
If not, can anybody link me to functional MOC creations with instructions?
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

Are you sure you pushed down on the catapult hard enough to make the stone go anywhere? :|

And if you make a few modifications to 6032...you can have an okay catapult...
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Sir Vincent wrote:Are you sure you pushed down on the catapult hard enough to make the stone go anywhere?
Well, I was kind of hoping that the weight on the end of the throwing arm wasn't just for show. I guess that was too much to ask for. I seem to remember a friend of mine having a working catapult when I was younger, but I can't remember what set it was.
I could easily build a non-functional catapult, throw a 1*1 brick and pretend that it was catapulted. I'm looking for an official siege engine that actually works on it's own (as in you pull a pin or just let go of the arm and it fires).
I found the siege engine thread in the MOC forum, and that's helping me out a lot.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

legoguy2 wrote:Vladeks seige engine is functional, you pull the end of the battering ram back, and it swings forward with pretty good force.
That is actually good to know. I'm not exactly looking for rams, but I intended to buy that anyway.