Black Falcon "items"

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
J1A3L5
Steward

Black Falcon "items"

Post by J1A3L5 »

Hello all, I have a fairly straight-forward question about the Black Falcon theme:

What pieces are made with the Black Falcon Logo on them? I know, obviously the yellow and blue rimmed triangular shields, and the torsos. I also have a small blue flag with the logo on it.

Are there any other LEGO items that have the Black Falcon emblem on them?

Thanks in advance.
Jojo
Master

Re: Black Falcon "items"

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
J1A3L5 wrote:Are there any other LEGO items that have the Black Falcon emblem on them?
Nope.

Bye
Jojo

Except my T-Shirt.
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Pity about that, Jojo....

Falcons are the most popular castle faction there is (if this site of Castle-heads is any indication).

I don't suppose you intend to see that t-shirt? :lol:
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Falcons are the most popular castle faction there is (if this site of Castle-heads is any indication).
Well Falcon fans are the most vocal (aside from a few Dragon Master's fans :lol: ) but that doesn't mean they are the most popular. I think just as many people like Lions, and perhaps even more prefer forestmen. This of course doesn't include newer generations who love RK, FK, or even KK1 or the older generations that like Yellow Castle era knights.

On topic:

Jojo is right, as usual :wink: Now if we could only convince LEGO to make these T-shirts. And yes, I have already begged Jake to do so, to no avail :(

Ben E.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

A BF barding would have been nice, but I would have stopped there. Now there is too much personalization of things in new sets; too many torso designs, too many flags, too many cardboard shields :wink:

Technically, there are more BF things if you include the Legends part and the newer rounder items. And too be even more technical there are the misprints and switched colored torsos like Jojo collects.

DM

P.S. I heard that Ben :D !!!
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

Black Falcon barding woulda been a good idea... but in my opinion, it seems a little fancy for them.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

Okay, thanks Jojo. I didn't think there were, but I had to be sure. (Since they were before my time!)

I was really hoping there would be a larger flag, either plastic or fabric. Ah well. I'm just waiting for some Black Falcon torsos from Bricks4you.com, and when I recieve them my next castle MOC will be done. In the meantime I wanted to find out if there were any further pieces I could use to make it more Black Falcon-y.

Thanks again.
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

When were there talks of a Black Falcon t-shirt? That would be the most awesome thing!

WRT popularity, I think the DM fans are the most vocal, and I believe a lot of the people on this site were growing up when DMs were abundant. That doesn't mean they are the most popular. We can't forget that a certain poll completely left off Black Falcons and Forestmen.

Anyway, a Black Falcon barding would be awesome. Likewise, a Black Knight / Black Monarch torso would be really nice to see. Large printed flags for all classic factions would be wonderful as well.

There are so many things the classic factions missed out on. I don't see why they can't go back and make these things.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Draygen
Artisan

Post by Draygen »

I liked Black Knights the best and well I admit... Fright knights to some odd extent. I just liked their torsos, but could live without their sets.

Then again.. DM's brought the greatest lego invention (to me anyway) the dragon helm. While not as cool as the visored helms it had its own great charm that I love above all helms still. (especially chrome silver)
Dreams are only unrealized realities.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Hey Ben, whos Jake?

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
jon_p
Artisan

Post by jon_p »

When were there talks of a Black Falcon t-shirt? That would be the most awesome thing!
I don't think there were any talks, but I'm not sure.
I can remember seeing on Brickshelf, someone wearing a blue t-shirt with the Black Falcon logo on it. Pretty darn cool! Am I right in thinking it was Jojo?

Jon.
"We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and spam alot!"

My Brickshelf gallery - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85183
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Draygen wrote:I liked Black Knights the best and well I admit... Fright knights to some odd extent. I just liked their torsos, but could live without their sets.

Then again.. DM's brought the greatest lego invention (to me anyway) the dragon helm. While not as cool as the visored helms it had its own great charm that I love above all helms still. (especially chrome silver)
I've got to agree with this. The dragon helm is the BEST helm there is. Even beats the visored helm in my opinion.

And I like FK torsos too. Although there set were.... how shall I put this... crap.
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Formendacil wrote:
Draygen wrote:I liked Black Knights the best and well I admit... Fright knights to some odd extent. I just liked their torsos, but could live without their sets.

I've got to agree with this. The dragon helm is the BEST helm there is. Even beats the visored helm in my opinion.

:shock: Okay, I refrained from commenting on this earlier because I didn't want to stray too far off topic, but I am simply stunned by this!

Personally, I absolutely hate the dragon helm, I think the large clip on top is mostly to blame. If it wasn't for Fright Knights, I would say that the dragon helm is the ugliest castle headgear in existence. (While KK2 takes the prize for ugliest visors) I dump all of those dragon helms into my BrickLink store whenever I open a bunch of 10066 bags. It's great that other people like them and buy them, but I never realized people liked them so much.

I just don't get it.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

rogue27 wrote:
Formendacil wrote:

:shock: Okay, I refrained from commenting on this earlier because I didn't want to stray too far off topic, but I am simply stunned by this!

Personally, I absolutely hate the dragon helm, I think the large clip on top is mostly to blame. If it wasn't for Fright Knights, I would say that the dragon helm is the ugliest castle headgear in existence. (While KK2 takes the prize for ugliest visors) I dump all of those dragon helms into my BrickLink store whenever I open a bunch of 10066 bags. It's great that other people like them and buy them, but I never realized people liked them so much.

I just don't get it.
Get It :P The Dragon Helms are my favorite also.although the visored ones are better in some cases, depends on the figure.

Dave
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Duke_Dave wrote:Get It :P The Dragon Helms are my favorite also.although the visored ones are better in some cases, depends on the figure.
Well, it always depends on the fig. Some simply have to have a knight's helm (visored), or a conical, or a samurai. But just going with helm, and with no particular attention paid to the fig, I like the dragon helm the best.