Vladek's Attack Kit popular?!

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

I ordered it too, just beacuse I think it is a great deal and combo. I personally think KK2 is not as bad as we keep making it out to be, I think it is a few steps above Fright Knights, for instance. I am pleased to see the this combo is backordered, even though I have to wait longer to get it! It proves to LEGO that castle is still popular, and that better sets sale.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

The major difference between Fright Knights and KKII for quality is the whole color issue. That and the fact KKII sets are more expensive. Aside from price and Bleys, quality of design and even fig counts definitely put KKII on par with Fright Knights. The Vladek's Attack kit nullifies the price issue, so basically we are once again left with color and I still don't want new greys. I don't want them, but I will end up owning them with these two sets.:(

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

I am also very glad to see this set selling. Lego will see that the other sets have been sitting there, and then they release this one and BAM! They are all gone. Lego should realize that they did something right in these two sets, let's just hope they pick out the right thing.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Sir Terrance wrote:Lego will see that the other sets have been sitting there, and then they release this one and BAM! They are all gone. Lego should realize that they did something right in these two sets, let's just hope they pick out the right thing.
I don't know that they will necessarily think 'Oh, these sets must be better than all the other ones.' I think it's more likely that they'll think 'Hey, give people a good deal and they'll buy more!' Of course, whether it's better prices or more deals, that's cool with me.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

I bought 3 Vladek Attack sets at buy two get one free at Toys R Us. Not the best set, but a good deal for the price. But what to do with the KK2 armors? I took apart the knights and used the black ones, but how about the purple?
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

I think the purpule look kind of mejestic and noble, maybe if you putit together with Dumbledores cloak and Quirrels turban, you could have some kind of purpule king-thing...':D'

just a thought...

-joel
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

kajo163 wrote:I think the purpule look kind of mejestic and noble, maybe if you putit together with Dumbledores cloak and Quirrels turban, you could have some kind of purpule king-thing...':D'

just a thought...

-joel
Except that the purples aren't identical (I'm pretty sure. I don't actually have Quirrel or Dumbledore, although I know other Harry Potter purple is a different shade.)

Would that clash too much, I wonder?
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Yeh, sorry, I though of this and reminded my self that the turban is probably more pink than prpule. to bad.

-joel
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

The purples might look cool together though, like Sava's green knight with the green goblin torso. Blends in together nicely.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

During the long stretch between the castle lines, I scrabbled around with the Harry Potter sets, so I have most of the correct color cloaks to match the KK2 knights. I currently own three Vladeks, one red knight, and three purple ones. After I outfitted them each with a correctly colored cloak, some better weapons, and a squire bearing their colors, they really don't look half bad. I look forward to owning a full set. If TLC plays their cards right, KK2 might just get somewhere. Does anyone know if there's an official Lego blue cloak? I already have black, brown, purple, red, green, and grey ones, but no blues yet.
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Commander Redbeard wrote:Does anyone know if there's an official Lego blue cloak? I already have black, brown, purple, red, green, and grey ones, but no blues yet.
There is a blue one with Harry Potter in one of the Philosopher's Stone sets...

Let me think....

Here it is!

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=4721_1&v=z

I don't know of any other sets, but there is this one.
Wilod King
Serf

Post by Wilod King »

Hey my first post, nifty :D . I buyed the attack kit, as I did the Citadel of Orlan and the border ambush in duplicate (as well as Hagrids Hut [shudders]) for the pieces :idea: to upgrade and compliment my collection of classic castle pieces to build (yeah finding the CCC for inspiration). I like the huge doors in the set (the wall that is) and it is very hard< or has been for me to find grey hinge pieces for doors, I mean how good does a castle or it's designer look when the door hinges are the only thing not matching the design. Also I like the red and green knights as well as the shadow knights, although I think that all of their helmets are horrid, and the shields a bit tacky. Fortunatly though I have enough of those in my collection to go around. I think that the wall with the siege tower as well, and the number of minifigs is wonderful. Though I'll be selling the siege tower on e-bay because it doesn't have anything novel in usefulness for my collection. The playability is good, but some of the design is terribly flawed.
Wilod, King of the Dilods, Destroyer of Worlds. A.K.A. Psychoboy, Ruler of the Unknown Universe, and Cheese
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

I just got my Vladek Attack kit. I kept the minifigs and weapons, the rest I gave to my little sister to increase her Lego collection.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

That was nice JP! :)

I would like to say that I'm happy this set is selling so well. I put my
order in when they were offering the free truck set.

At Toyrus.com, the VAK's are still $30. (25% off).

If the sticker at Toys R US store said 25% off, and still listed as $39.99,
I would have talked with the manager and asked for it at $29.99, because
of the misleading sticker. Whether or not I would have gotten the set
at reduced prices would be another story...

Ben Medinets,
who was stuck at the rifle range on Saturday, instead of being able to
chat with Jake.... :cry:
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Formendacil wrote:
Commander Redbeard wrote:Does anyone know if there's an official Lego blue cloak? I already have black, brown, purple, red, green, and grey ones, but no blues yet.
There is a blue one with Harry Potter in one of the Philosopher's Stone sets...

Let me think....

Here it is!

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=4721_1&v=z

I don't know of any other sets, but there is this one.
It's in the castle too.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.