Knight's Kingdom: Nominated for Ultimate Toy Awards

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

So torn here. Don't want to encourage Lego to make more of them, but don't want to encourage Megablocks either. What to do? What to do? Well got to be loyal to Lego...

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
The Tennis Ball Kid
Laborer

Post by The Tennis Ball Kid »

Well got to be loyal to Lego...
And re-enforcing their perception that KK2 was a good move for the company is loyal how?

I didn't vote. How on earth did this (which is what you see as a representation of the line) get a nomination, when the much better designer sets didn't? Obviously the people running this...thing...haven't played with any toys lately...
MaxiVisVires
Squire
Location: San Diego, CA If I was any closer to LEGOLand, I'd be living there

Post by MaxiVisVires »

I didn't vote. How on earth did this (which is what you see as a representation of the line) get a nomination, when the much better designer sets didn't? Obviously the people running this...thing...haven't played with any toys lately...

They probably based it off of sales. Since it sold more, it got the nomination. Just because the set itself sucks, doesn't mean it doesn't sell. Everytime I go to LEGOLand, I see the KK2 stuff flying off the shelves. From costumes to the sets, it seems popular with the kiddies.
"The Wise Warrior, When he moves, Is never confused; When he acts, Is never at a loss."
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=kaylinda]Vis Vires Toys[/url] | [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... xivisvires]My Brickshelf[/url]
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

I remained loyal and voted LEGO. Hopefully they'll try making more sets like Siege Tower and that castle wall...
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

I voted MegaBloks to send a message to Lego in that they need to know that KK2 suxorz. Despite the usefulness of the parts they have. But then that was the only thing good about KK2.... just parts.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

I was going to vote for megabloks but I couldnt hurt the preciouses. We loveses it as much as we hateses them :)
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

to tell you the truth I didn't vote for any. I can't bring myself to say that the 2 meagaBlok lines are beter then KK2 (simply because I don't own any and can't judge fairly) But couldn't vote for KK2 either... I mean those Colored armor keep poping into my head.... :roll:

Now if a Pro Builder line set had been up for vote I would have voted for it, those sets are far better then any TLC has produced this year, givien the fact that they have made identical bricks, And made huge sets at around half the price(example: Destroyer ship: 635 peices all lt. grey, dr. grey,or black, a few red plates also, at $23.90 US. Comprared to the latest Hogwarts castle: 630+ peices for Almost $90.00 US) I think that they have out done TLC this year.
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

I didn't vote because KK2 isn't great... and I don't really know about megabloks
It's a Christmas Miracle!
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

I voted for Bratz. thay have a passion for fashion.

I voted for MB. For the "told you so" appeal. LEGO has always won these things in the past, right?
SirBardatheBuilder
Villein

Post by SirBardatheBuilder »

I love Knights Kingdom(2004), and I hope it wins.
My name is Barda of Brickbar. I am a loyal Knight of Morcia. My weapons: My mind, and a box of LEGO Bricks.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/drag ... b.png/[IMG]
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

I ntoicved that many people have said they voted for MB. Adn they say they like LEGO? I'm sorry but any, any LEGO set no matter how "bad" is better than any MB set by far. KK2 isn't that bad. You guys make it out to be the worst thing ever.

I'm sorry if this sounds rude but COME ON PEOPLE! And if you think that MB winning will send the message you want to LEGO you are wrong. If LEGO sees that MB wins. You know what they'll do? They'll say. "We should make our sets more like MB so thatwe will get nominated. Is that what you want? I'm sorry but I sure don't want a bunch of pre-molded pieces of crap that are called "castles".
Space rocks.
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

forester3291 wrote:I ntoicved that many people have said they voted for MB. Adn they say they like LEGO?<snipped for length> I'm sorry but any, any LEGO set no matter how "bad" is better than any MB set by far. KK2 isn't that bad. You guys make it out to be the worst thing ever.

"We should make our sets more like MB so thatwe will get nominated. Is that what you want? I'm sorry but I sure don't want a bunch of pre-molded pieces of crap that are called "castles".
NOTE: I don't want a flame war to start now. Thank you for your discretion.

Surely LEGO are producing, as well, in yor own words:"pre-moulded pieces of crap"? I would prefer LEGO any day, but I have to admit, that in these last few years, the gap is closing. even with KK1, which was great for minifigs and good for parts, MB was still centuries behind. The problem. I think, is that MB knows what the fans want much more, but aren't quite sure how to go about it. MB are better, but they are, at the end of the day, MB. If LEGO system castle became like MB, it would be rater a mixed blessing, not some sort of terrible portent a lot of people say it would be. MB sets ARE improving in these last few years, and as someone pointed out (jojo?), one of the new sets has more figs than the 675. MB does a "gritty" fantasy as opposed to KK2's "high" fantasy, and I know which one I prefer. The "gritty" also taps into the LOTR market. And don't forget the minifig packs. If castle became more like MB... black falcons... in a box... six of them... cheap...

So, all I'm saying is: MB isn't this terrible evil which threatens world security and our human rights, you won't die if you touch it. It is still inferior to LEGO castle, but, it is getting better, and castle gets worse, and... aren't a lot of us really only hanging on to lego because of brand loyalty...

I ntoicved that many people have said they voted for MB. Adn they say they like LEGO? I'm sorry but any, any LEGO set no matter how "bad" is better than any MB set by far.
Tough love.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Green Fox wrote: Surely LEGO are producing, as well, in yor own words:"pre-moulded pieces of crap"?

Yes. LEGO does have some premolded things but MB has huge sections of castle that are premolded. Trust me I know.

I think, is that MB knows what the fans want much more, but aren't quite sure how to go about it. MB are better, but they are, at the end of the day, MB. If LEGO system castle became like MB, it would be rater a mixed blessing, not some sort of terrible portent a lot of people say it would be.

You think LEGO doesn't know what their fans want? They make spiderman sets they make great train sets and you sasy they don't know what their fans want? Yes they came out with flesh colored people. But hey, just because us AFOLs and TFOLs don't like the color changes doesn't mean that their focused kid fans don't like them. Remeber. LEGO isn't really targeting Teens or s because thei aren't many teen fans. Though LEGO may be surprised of how many teen fans they have.

MB sets ARE improving in these last few years, and as someone pointed out (jojo?), one of the new sets has more figs than the 675. MB does a "gritty" s opposed to KK2's "high" , nd I know which one I prefer. The "gritty" also taps into the LOTR market. And don't forget the minifig packs. If castle became more like MB... black falcons... in a box... six of them... cheap...

You say MB are improving? Let me tell you something. I bought a MB ship(Dragon line) from ebay. I though it would be cool. Guess what. Within two days four things had broken. The shiop wouldn't stay together and the dragon's legs fall off every time you touch it. Okay so they have some shiny looking guys with heavy armor that make the minifigs heads look like peas. Big FLIP!

And when you say that MB came out with a set with a lot of guys I started to howl. MB could have hundreds of minifigs in a set and I could care less. Half of them would be broken within a week. And you can't even twist their arms. And when you say LEGO could come out with a minifigs pack like MB cheap. Did you mean cheap as in less money or...cheap as in all the figs get broken in a week? Because MB are CHEAP. Bottom line.

It is still inferior to LEGO castle, but, it is getting better, and castle gets worse, and... aren't a lot of us really only hanging on to lego because of brand loyalty...

Your right. MB are way way way way way inferior. And if you're say that MB is getting better and LEGO is getting worse then you a truly lost. Okay. So what if LEGO came out with a set like what MB does.Okay lots of figs, they are all cheap, the set keep falling apart, and there you go. You may want to buy this kind of set but I and many other sure wouldn't. And you say I stick to LEGO because of loyalty? No, no I stick to it becuase when I was 8 I didn't get a pre-molded MB set I got a LEGO set for Christmas. I stick to LEGO becuase you can build anything you want out of one set. With MB you just can't use your imagination as much. Tell me would you rather have a LEGO toll made out of LEGO that YOU made, or a MB pre-molded troll. Which one would you be proud of? Wich one would your friends ooo and aww over? You tell me with truth that you would rather have that pre-molded troll and then I will but MB for the rest of my life.

And if anyone has the right to buy MB becuase they cost less and have a lot of figs it's me. I have maybe 40 max caslte figs and that's after lots and lots of stickers are put on. How many do you have? I have a total of about 15 castle helmets. How many do you have? I'm sorry but all of you who voted for MB are completely and utterly un-understandable in my standards.

Please no one take this personally I was just stating my opinion.
Space rocks.
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Green Fox, no flame war; just want to make answer one of you points. If LEGO became like MegaBloks, I really don't think it would be a blessing. Have you ever handled MB (not accusing you here)? The set contents are getting better, but I haven't noticed any better quality. Take the figs for instance, they (typical of MB pieces) break extremely easily, hold accessories terribly, their hands don't turn, and(on top of all that) they look terrible. I guess my big pick with MB is the bad quality. If LEGO became like MB, I shudder to think how long the pieces would last.rribly, their hands don't turn, and(on top of all that) they look terrible. I guess my big pick with MB is the bad quality. If LEGO became like MB, I shudder to think how long the pieces would last.