Weekly Set Review: Castle Mini-Figures

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

I remember this set with great fondness. I never got it, but I drooled over it, in the catalogs, back in the day. My favorite set at the time was Knight's Procession (6077) and this was the only set to have more of those figs. Being a kid, it didn't occur to me to buy multiples of sets. ;)
legobear wrote:I don't know what any of you are complaining about here
Who's complaining? The only person who said they didn't like it was Lenny (Glencaer) back in 2004 and he was saying that he wasn't all the crazy about figpacks in general.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
darkstarsk8er327
Villein

Post by darkstarsk8er327 »

this set is pretty kool. i specificly like their colors and helmets yet their helmets are kinda old school but its a good army builder
Ben the lego king
Apprentice

Post by Ben the lego king »

this set is nice, the "number" of figs and the weapons. the figs them selves are not that nice. I would perfer (if this set was relesed now) kk1 figs or crown knights.
legobear wrote:
I don't know what any of you are complaining about here

Who's complaining? The only person who said they didn't like it was Lenny (Glencaer) back in 2004 and he was saying that he wasn't all the crazy about figpacks in general.

Josh
well I am complaining. the helmets are crap and the faces too. the shelds are nice and the torsos but thats all. :evil:
KKI is the best KKI is the best
starbeanie
Villein

Post by starbeanie »

It's my favorite set since it's made up of some of my favorite knights :)

Still sorry I outbid you Ben.

Bret
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

Beautiful set. Would love to have it.

Thats all I need to say.

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
legokilt
Bailiff

Weekly Review

Post by legokilt »

I vaguely remember this set from when I was a kid. Unfortunately I think I destroyed it as some young kids are wont to do. However, I do sometimes see the shield or torsos for sale on Bricklink.
Teherean
Steward

Post by Teherean »

Nice! I especially like the grey weapons and helmets. the torso's aren't that usefull, but the visors are awesome. I'd like to have some myself.
AFOL, Brony, Yeah... I am a child at heart!

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/t-est/LCC ... nfald2.jpg[/img]
Traveler
Reeve

Post by Traveler »

Teherean wrote:Nice! I especially like the grey weapons and helmets. the torso's aren't that usefull, but the visors are awesome. I'd like to have some myself.
I think those are the best castle torsos LEGO ever made, along with the BF and Crusader torsos.
Chrislad77
Foot Soldier

Post by Chrislad77 »

A neat little set. It appeals to me more than the current battle packs. I actually like to get doubles of the figures.
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

A neat little set. It appeals to me more than the current battle packs. I actually like to get doubles of the figures.
Umm... If you buy 2 battle packs you can have doubles of 5 different guys instead of doubles of 3?

I don't own this set but these guys are attractive for a more festive event like a tournament. I like the realistic torsos that have been released in recent years with the mail and straps more. That being said I really wish I had a set of these guys!
MarioDAlessio
Foot Soldier

Post by MarioDAlessio »

This seems a simple set its hard to provide a good review as little additional information exists about this set, like a copy of the packaging/instructions.

The helmets and standard mini figure grin seems a little dated now.

I think the castle battle pack with more variation is a more appealing set.

Notwithstanding the above, a set like this with the armour and weaponry divided so as to form 1x knight and squire with tournament weapons/armour for each heraldic ensign would be more appealing to me then the way the minifigures have been arranged with weapons ect in the provided pic.

Mario
Jeong
Gong Farmer

Post by Jeong »

Considering that I would have to buy a few catapults today to get to the minifigs, this pure minifig set looks pretty good.