New KK2 Characters

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

LEGOFREAK wrote:
rogue27 wrote:*Melisandre is a sorceress from the Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin. (A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, etc.)
that is one fine set of books, and If you are working on a minifig setup please post 'em. That would rock. BTW - has the new book come out?
A Feast for Crows has not come out yet, but Martin expects to finish writing it around the end of the year. These books are great for doing away with the "good versus evil" thing you see in most other fantasy series. (ie. Lord of the Rings and Wheel of Time)

As nice as it is that TLC is adding new characters to the KK2 storyline, it is still a pretty generic story with blatantly "good" and "evil" characters. An "evil" sorcerer and "evil" gargoyles get added to the "bad guy" team, and some rogue knights will be added to the "good guy" team after a bit of cheesy drama where their allegiance is unknown.

It is not a story involving factions, so you will not have treaties, alliances, betrayal, etc. Nothing but straightforward good fighting evil until the end of time. I'd really love to see a more dynamic setting again someday. (ie. ~1992 had 3 castle factions and two outlaw bands available) The problem is that if you start with "good" versus "evil", any new things that are added will be good or evil. The story is stuck in that rut forever.

I'll stop before I go off topic. See the stories forum for more.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Azaghal
Landlord

Post by Azaghal »

Aha, but who says you have to stick with the storyline? 8) Once there are more than two factions, the relationship amongst them becomes more murky.

For example, if you wanted, you could have Vladek and Mattias and their underlings unite to fend off the encroaching army of gargoyles... The Rouges joining the sorcerer to betray Vladek while using him to defeat Mattias... or any other combination.

Of the three new characters, I'd say that the rouges will probably be the most useful. The gargoyles might make good orcs, though. :)
Draygen
Artisan

Post by Draygen »

Yeah, there's the good point. Just because there is a storyline hardly means you follow it. Once Rogue knights come in use them how you want. I'll probably keep them on the verge of both. Vladrek pays them to help and they do it with pleasure because they were outcast by the ancestors of the morcian knights.

The way I look at it, the more badguys against the knights the better. This is LEGO, you don't have to follow the storyline, just play how you want to. Although I'll be glad to see more characters and figures coming than just the ones now.
Dreams are only unrealized realities.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

I must agree with Draygen. You don't HAVE to follow the story line. Anyone can make any aliance with anyone else.

I think the resaon TLC started making sorylines is for the kids that may not WANT to make up there own. You can easliy cahnge faces to the bulls, vladek, and whoever else who is good and you want them to be bad, or who is bad and you want them to be good. That is the buety of LEGO and why they still are ahead of megabloks. You can't really change heads on mb without them looking quite silly. But with LEGO the possibilities are fairly endless.

Anyways to get back on topic. After seeing a photo of the big knight's knew and improved armor and sword etc etc. I must say I am quite optimistic of what teh minifigs may e. The armor appears to be bronze or goldish same with the sword. This may be the turning point back towards the good old days, at least a step, if not a small leap.

Just think. Rogue knights, a socerer, Gargoyles, new and imroved armor and swords, and who knows what else. I think TLC might have lsitened to our cry and re-thoguht their prorities. Let's all just hope they did!
Space rocks.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

forester3291 wrote:I must agree with Draygen. You don't HAVE to follow the story line. Anyone can make any aliance with anyone else.

I think the resaon TLC started making sorylines is for the kids that may not WANT to make up there own. You can easliy cahnge faces to the bulls, vladek, and whoever else who is good and you want them to be bad, or who is bad and you want them to be good. That is the buety of LEGO and why they still are ahead of megabloks. You can't really change heads on mb without them looking quite silly. But with LEGO the possibilities are fairly endless.

Anyways to get back on topic. After seeing a photo of the big knight's knew and improved armor and sword etc etc. I must say I am quite optimistic of what teh minifigs may e. The armor appears to be bronze or goldish same with the sword. This may be the turning point back towards the good old days, at least a step, if not a small leap.

Just think. Rogue knights, a socerer, Gargoyles, new and imroved armor and swords, and who knows what else. I think TLC might have lsitened to our cry and re-thoguht their prorities. Let's all just hope they did!
I agree with you. Maybe TLC has listened to us...
BTW do you have spell check? :?
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

I certainly agree with what you guys are saying in terms of storyline... of course, we can make up our own... but I will say that it is a little different (better?) when TLC leaves it sooo open as they used to... the more open they leave it as to who is good and who is evil, the more we see different interpretations of the same factions. With no one necessarily bad or right. This is good because it makes people who might just "go with" a storyline created by lego actually stop and make up their own instead... or maybe I'm overthinking this? :?

Oh well, it's not too big of a deal because, like you all said, we can do as we please and make it up as we go... and it's all still good in general... I'm happy to see new castle stuff!
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

TheOrk wrote:
forester3291 wrote:I must agree with Draygen. You don't HAVE to follow the story line. Anyone can make any aliance with anyone else.

I agree with you. Maybe TLC has listened to us...
BTW do you have spell check? :?
Do have spell check? I know I have SOME typos but is my typing really THAT bad? :oops: :?
Space rocks.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

but is my typing really THAT bad? :oops: :?
LOL!!

I laughed when I saw TheOrk write that... and now at your response I am laughing...

it's all good ~ ~ I get your point
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]