New KK2 Characters

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

ottoatm wrote:I was wondering...

what sort of minions do you think the sorceror might have working for him... could that be where the gargoyles come in? Wait... I think the poster says they work for Vladek... but it seems like he wouldn't be up there in his tower all alone, would he?
If Vladek needs more monsters just throw in acouple of Fright Knight Dragons. :wink: :wink:
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

A little tough on the dragons, do'nt you think? :wink:

I would like to see more shadow knights, and monsters are always welcome...

joel
I'm back, and so is Castle!
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

I don't think the minifig Rogue Knights will be having triangular shields. Remember how the big KK2 figs are set up compared to their minifig counterparts?

Action fig = triangular shield
Minifig = octangonal shield

I think the same will be the case with the Rogue Knights.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Draygen
Artisan

Post by Draygen »

I'm pretty sure how its going is Vladrek seeks out help (aka the sorcerer) and the sorcerer in turn maybe.. enslaves some gargoyles? or summons them from some dimension or what not.

I'm really curious to see the Rogue knights. I agree they'll be wolfpack in nature, but more armored of course. I'd like to at least see the orginal visors come back at least if they don't allow in euro-armor.

Maybe they'll have some new armors? Interested to know what they mean by the New and improved armors for the Knights.
Dreams are only unrealized realities.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

kajo163 wrote:A little tough on the dragons, do'nt you think? :wink:

I would like to see more shadow knights, and monsters are always welcome...

joel
Tough? I like the dragons, I'm not tough on them.

I was wondering...

what sort of minions do you think the sorceror might have working for him...
There could be other kinds of monsters. Like TheOrkses for example :wink:
DarkMage
Villein

Post by DarkMage »

New characters would be great! :D ! I'm interested in the sorcerer and the gargoyles. I want to make a golem army, but so far I've had to rely on grey 'ghosts' from Harry Potter to be statues brought to life. Hopefully the gargoyles will be posable like minifigs. The Rogue Knights also sound interesting...
All good things must end...except Lego
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Looking at that image of Vladek, I must say that I am pleasantly surprised. If this re-imaging carries over to the KK2 mini-figs, I may actually pick up a few more KK2 sets. Lego seems to have listened to its fans in a few respects, droping the heavily modernized design elements of KK2 for elements that are more closely associated with traditional fantasy.

Look at the shape of Vladek's sword and shield. Most of the sharp edges and angles have been replaced with curved surfaces. I still prefer the classic knights of the mid 80s, but this Vladek's design beats the original by a country mile. If were really lucky, the jelly bean look of the other knights will be dropped for a more traditional look. One can only hope...
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

I hope they bring back the old visors and logicaly colored armors :)
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Scnicker wrote:I hope they bring back the old visors and logicaly colored armors :)
Well it would be nice, but I seriously doubt it. Just because TLC might make some cooler bad guys does not mean that they will make better heros, sad as that is. :(

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Robin Hood wrote:
Scnicker wrote:I hope they bring back the old visors and logicaly colored armors :)
Well it would be nice, but I seriously doubt it. Just because TLC might make some cooler bad guys does not mean that they will make better heros, sad as that is. :(

Dan :wink:
Everything you just said was true. :cry: But still being TheOrk in all I'd still have to say bad guys are better :P
Draygen
Artisan

Post by Draygen »

They mentioned the Heroes got new and improved armor. Perhaps at least we'll see some change as to what they look like right now.

Any hope is good hope
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

new and improved armor
This could be a good thing or a bad thing... I'm afraid... :)

But... I think the future is bright... anyone know when all of this is supposed to come out?
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Draygen
Artisan

Post by Draygen »

Had to modify after I looked at another post. That poster that first sparked my interest in all this said 2005 January. So thats rather nice to hear, means that it'll be sooner than I thought.

As for the armor changing, I doubt they can get much worse, maybe they'll darken the colors a bit. Dark blue, Darker Green, Dark Red (would love it) and a darker purple.

If they made them all darker I think it would really add alot to the sets. No more Bright bright colors hehe.
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

There are new big versions of all of the five knights and the king coming out in January. No news of minifig scale sets. However, if the big knights are less monocolored, then the minfig versions might look better too. That would be nice.

Rogue knights... they sound cool. They sound like mercenaries that could work for either side. In fact, I bet they will play a role on both sides in the storyline. Hopefully they will have their own emblem, and hopefully it will be cool.

I picture them as being fairly brown, with leather armors like the Bulls or two of the Dark Forest guys. Brown capes too. Unfortunately, it will be new brown which I don't like. They will probably be thematically similar to Wolfpack. If they get a nice fortress, I will be very happy. Notice I said "nice" - that's the unlikely part.

Gargoyles will be nice to give the knights a fantasy race to fight against. Being animated statues will hopefully allow the knights to actually swing their "swords" at them. Each gargoyle will probalby look exactly the same which is a bit of a downer, but I doubt that any set will come with more than 1 or 2 of them anyway. It shouldn't be too hard to mod the gargoyles into demons or angels.

Sorceress... could be very cool. If the picture is even remotely similar to the minifig, it appears that she will wear dark red robes, and have a hood and a cape. Could be similar to a dark red version of dumbledore. She will be cool if she isn't given an ugly torso or cheesy face. (Vladek has a cheesy face)
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Ummmm....Rogue....It's Sorcerer not Sorceress
Space rocks.