Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

Yes, there were some available in Turkey. I've reported this company to TLC's legal department. They used some of the models of TLC and also, made some of theirs. I don't know how the trial ended, but these counterfeit products made some bonds between me and TLC. Also there was a trial about this a few years back(I don't remember the exact year) and TLC won it.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

The "Enlighten" brand is also known as "Shifty." Some sets have the Shifty Bricks text on them. Most are direct copies of LEGO sets and packaging. Scnicker is correct that LEGO and their lawyers have been successfully cracking down on much of this fraud. The http://www.lego.com press release area has more information on these types of sets and legal action.

Ben E.
CC Sets Admin
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Ya I have one of these cheap jokes (and no I didn't buy it). The pic on the cover is taken directly from Lego. Then they fill the box with whos knows what wrong coloured stuff and then sell em to people who thinks it is Lego.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Hey!!?!!?
If any of you remeber my LEGO prices topic I said I found a black falcon set made by these guys.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

What's up with that tiny cowboy guy and the cannon next to the fortress.

:lol:
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Dragon Master wrote:What's up with that tiny cowboy guy and the cannon next to the fortress.

You've never heard of him? Very rare fig. Sir Mini CowboyKnight and his human cannonball act. :)

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Master Blobicus
Apprentice

Post by Master Blobicus »

No, looks like a buisness that is like a rip off of lego.
could you tell me before you go back in time, I was talking to a robe on the coat rack for 20 minuets before I releized you left!
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Without taking into consideration that this is a clone brand, can anybody tell me if this brand is of adequate quality?
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

No it doesn't have a good quality. I bought a skull island set of this brand and the parrot turned out to be yellow, instead of red, also the torsos aren't printed very well and the quality of the plastic is really cheap :roll:
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

doctorsparkles wrote:Without taking into consideration that this is a clone brand, can anybody tell me if this brand is of adequate quality?
Quality?

Shifty-bricks have quality?

NO!

The colours are not as advertised on the box. Think lots of redish orange, and no two sets the same. The plastic is of a poorer quality than Mega, and without Mega's attempts to create good pieces.

Let's not even bother comparing with LEGO...
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

This comes of somewhat as a shock to me. Who would be stupid enough to buy these. Or for that matter to sell them? What person that wants to buy these sets wouldn't know that the pictures are LEGO?

This is just another example of the sort of people that are out there. Greedy, thieving ,filthy people. Not ALL peole of course :wink: .
Space rocks.
LusiferSam
Peasant

Post by LusiferSam »

Dragon Master wrote:What's up with that tiny cowboy guy and the cannon next to the fortress.

He's a leprechaun. But Shifty didn't know what they looked like as they don't have leperchauns in China. :lol:
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

I thought I saw a comparison somewhere, someone had opened a set of shifties, but I can't seem to find a link. It showed all the stuff that's been talked about here - bad plastic, nothing matching... If anyone has a link to some good (bad?) pictures, I thinke we'd all be interested in seeing some.

sorta like a train wreck.. you can't NOT look.... :D
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Re: Counterfeit Forestmen??

Post by footsteps »

Heretical old geezer that I am, I have this bookmarked:
http://hklink.no-ip.com/lego/
though I have never bought anything from there, or any Shifty etc branded stuff.

It's an interesting mix of stuff. Along with their extensive military line, they have a wide range of Castle, Pirate, and Town knock-offs -- and they even did a knock-off of the original MB Battleship!!! :shock: Have they no shame?*

Alan

* of course not.
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)