BuBa-K 2004 or 2005

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products

which ones do you like better BuBa-K 2004 or 2005?

I like them both equally
No votes
BuBa-K 2004
3%
BuBa-K 2005
32%
I hate them both equally
65%

Total votes: 31

Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

I like the new ones. And since they have bronze armor, hopefully the new mini-figs will too!
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

The new ones are looking better. They are even less looking "LEGO" but that doesn't matter because the whole idea of these figs is not LEGO but Mattel (or whoever is producing such action figures. Not my kind of toy really, sorry). So all in all I hate them both the same.

Bye
Jojo

This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

Well. I have to say that the newer ones look less like sci-fi characters and more like knights, but thats all relative.

I hate them all because its not LEGO in my book.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
RuthleSs__PaLadin
Apprentice

Post by RuthleSs__PaLadin »

I hate them both equally...however they did improve the bright colors, and they should try using the new (dark gray, bronze) colors for the actual minifigs. The point is that they are not lego system, and not my type of lego.

DAn
Umgarla
Laborer

Post by Umgarla »

I can't say that I'm a big fan of these bionicle-very-poor-made-lego-action-man-things-kinda and I probably never will like them. So for me it doesn't matter if they're gonna make some new models...
My point is:

Minifigs rule! Bionicle doesn't... get the point? ;)
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=115690]"Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yer?"[/url]
Trigger
Laborer

Post by Trigger »

Formendacil wrote:Closer to real LEGO than Bionicles,
Why does everyone hate Bionicle? Its almost the same thing as Technic.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Hmmm. I would have to say the new ones for 2005. I don't really like either but the Newer ones are better.

And if the minifigs look anything like them they will ahve cool looking armor, and swords. I just can't wait too see the minifigs.

*closes eyes and hopes TLC doesn't mess the figs up*
Space rocks.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Trigger wrote:
Okay, for the record, we do not necessarily HATE Bionicle. Is there anything in my message that indicates I do? Fact is, I have a rather extensive collection of the original Bionicles.

HOWEVER....

We are fans of LEGO Castle. Minifig scale, pseudo-historical, lots of basic bricks, squarish castles. In addition, most of us are LEGO fans because of their system themes. And for those of us who like Technic, it would be old Technic, not Bionicle (which was accorded official Technic status during its first year), and as you note yourself, Technic and Bionicle are NOT the same.

For us, LEGO is about building with bricks, at a minifig scale. Bionicle, regardless of play value, etc, is directly representative of the opposite of this. Bionicle is constructed, yes, but it is not about building as a part of that LEGO system of building based on the brick. We dislike it if for the simple reason that is has shifted LEGO's focus away from 2x4s and opened-ended stories.

KK2 would have been much better if they hadn't included any detailed story, at least in my opinion. They could have left the sets as is, and only offered a few vague ideas, like the names of the knights, and the existence of the Heart of the Shield. Or, at least, that is my take on the subject.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Trigger wrote:
Just another note to continue on what Formendacil said.

Bionicle are not really at all like Technic. The only similaritys are the fact that they are both made out of gears and pins. Bionicle is a bunch of fanatsy creatures with its own story and world. Technic is just vechecles blown up and able to drive on their own. Basically Technic is just a model line.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Trigger wrote: Why does everyone hate Bionicle? Its almost the same thing as Technic.
I don't hate Bionicle OR the new KK2. I am a little dissapointed that I never got some green armor, because it looks like they may switch to bronze, silver, etc (I hope so anyway)
Still, the things I like about bionicle are the way the gears actually work, they seem smoother than technic, and I like making robotic style creatures. Almost a primitive autobot/decepticon thing for me. My son likes the storyline, though I think its a little weak (and after all it IS geared towards his age group - not mine :) )

Storylines being what they are though, I like the idea of each of the main characters of kk2 being a powerful Earl, each with retainers, and each fighting to be the dominant force in the land, with King Mathias doing his best to mediate and retain his throne.

fortunately one thing I did pick up from lego over the years (even if they seem to have forgotten it) is the idea of creating my own storylines and factions. :D

/end ramble.. :)
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

I am confused. When I click on the links, i just get a little picture reading: "stop". Any ideas?
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

It means that Lego has asked the person who "leaked the info" to
take the images off until they are officially released to the public.

Most likely that the photos were taken from a dealer's catalogue.
Whoever posted them, DID NOT have Lego's permission to post them,
yet.

Thanks,
Ben