Positive Posting - Best of the Year

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Favourite shield: The rare blank ones that come with the sticker sheet. (I don't like any of the designs).

Favourite set: Vladek Attack Kit, I would call this a set since at my TRU you must buy them together and can't get them seperate. It has a nice wall, great doors, lots of arches and plenty of figs. The siege tower is a great parts pack for army building. And plenty of dark red for those who are also spacers. :twisted:

Favourite mini-fig: In order from best to worst- Rascus, Shadow Knight, Danju, Vladek, Santis, *Gaurdian*, King Mathias, and then Jayko.

EDIT: I added the Gaurdian. Thanks for pointing that out.
Last edited by Sir Terrance on Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Azaghal
Landlord

Post by Azaghal »

You forgot the Guardian. :wink:

Since my opinion pretty much mirrors most other peoples, (Rascus is the best of the knights, 8800 the best set.), I thought I'd mention a couple of things about KK2 nobody has said yet.

1) There is a higher percentage of horses with bardings in KK2 than in any other faction/series.

2) For all the complaints about there not being enough shadow knights, if you were to take one copy of every KK2 set and set aside all the duplicates of the "unique" figures, there would be four shadow knights and Vladek against four other knights and the King. (Assuming the Guardian is nuetral.)

Oh yeah- my favorite KK2 sheild is Jayko's, because it is the closest to being compatible with previous sets.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

1) There is a higher percentage of horses with bardings in KK2 than in any other faction/series.
That's a good point... and your right, I was happy to see that. The only problem I have with the bad guy to good guy ratio you mention is that after buying 3 of the sets (Morcia, Vladek Encounter, Attack Pack), it's 2 of each knight and Mathis vs. 3 Vladeks and 2 shadow knights... :?

I've just decided to make the "good" knights typical soldiers, like dragoons or something, for that purpose... but it is still pretty unevenly matched, especially with the generic thug soldiers, who are supposed to be weaker, only showing up in sets of 2. :wink:
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Azaghal wrote:1) There is a higher percentage of horses with bardings in KK2 than in any other faction/series.
On the other hand there is the worst set to horses ratio in the entire KK2 theme compared to any other theme. In KK2 you get two horses of which each has a barding. Great. There have been 4 (four) horses in 6086 Dungeon Master's Castle alone, of which two came with a barding.

Bye
Jojo

This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
Dusty
Apprentice

Post by Dusty »

I would have to say Vladek and the Shadow knight tie for me. Vladek has decent looking Euro armor but not really a great helmet (IMO). The Shadow knight has a different helmet which adds variety and he makes another bad guy fig to add to the evil forces. Oh yeah and most seem to have a Halbred and that is probably my most favorite weapon. For the runner up in this contesr of figs it is a tie between Mathias and Santis. Mathis is cool because he is a kning and has a decent face (IMO). Santis has a decent face (IMO) and I can see an army of crimson clad soldiers marching in to town and the people cowering and whispering "I hear they use real blood to paint their armor"

The set I like the most is the two pack with the Seige Tower and little dinky wall fortress thingy. The reason both are considered one is because when I got to TRU that is the only way to buy them. The seige tower is cool, minus that paper sheild. The castle thingy is cool because of the doors. I dont have many of those.

Dusty