Pics of all the new KK2 megafigs(except Santis)

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Sir Drake
Archer

Pics of all the new KK2 megafigs(except Santis)

Post by Sir Drake »

I was browsing the S@H and guess what I've found: pics of the new knights. They are all Sir now... I won't keep you longer excited :lol:
Sir Danju:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SirDr ... x-13-1.jpg

Sir Jayko:

Sir Rascus:

Lord Vladek:

Images changed to links by admin. Please see image size limitations for posting in the ToS.

I like these megafigs(just the colors that's all). If the mini figs have these colors that would a positive thing for KK2, I guess.
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

I do hope that they retain that armor when they are scaled down. Jayko would have grey Euro armor or something similar! Yes, it would have a design, but not all that bad of one.

Also, two of the other knights would have gold-ish armor. That could look quite cool.

See, this is what the originals should have looked like - the purple figure and helm, but covered with a more realistically colored armor.

I dunno, this looks positive to me.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Well the first thing I said when I saw it was GAAAGGG!

But on reflection they are somewhat better than the first ones. Somewhat. I would love to see them minifig scale with that kinda armour. However, those knights don't quite look fleshed out enough. Their joints are too skinny. Still it will be interesting in the coming year.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Hmmm,

Well the maxifigs themselves suck. They look even more like Megablocks now (Just look at the shield, YIKES!).

The only one I can truly say I kind of like is Rascus, the color scheme suits my taste.

That being said, I'm looking foward to the new minifigure versions of these, gold and silver armor and prehaps new sheilds (or maybe back to the triangles?) is nothing to frown upon.

DM
Last edited by Dragon Master on Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Dragon Master wrote: BTW, this directly violates the TOS policy, have fun facing the king's wrath.

Not really since he found them on shop@home, so they were on the official LEGO site.

I have seen these before and am very excited to see the mini-fig versions. My guess is that they will have the same helms but just with new plate armor.

~Chris Perron
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

I must say if the minifigs look anything like this I will buy all the sets.

Did you see the design on Danju's chestplate? It's like the WP's emblem!

The falcon is not quite like the old days but ti's getting close!

Vladek looks awesome!

And gooooooooo monkey man! Rascus looks awesome.

The big guys may not look all that cool but the minifigs hopefully will. Infact the big guys aren't THAT bad. They have some downsides such as the small joints. But their shields looks better, and they don't looks like cardboard!

And are their helmets smaller than before?
Space rocks.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

BTW, this directly violates the TOS policy, have fun facing the king's wrath.
It does not violate the ToS. Images/Info stolen from databases, dealer catalogs, etc are illegal if LEGO has not publicly announced a set yet. But when LEGO places images on Shop at Home or in one of their SAH catalogs, we can post links to it. This is one way they make new sets public.

Members trying to enforce CC forum policy instead of Admins and Moderators is against the ToS... Send us a pm if you think someone is violating a policy. Thanks!

My comments about the knights: I like the new shields and armor. It makes the characters appear like knights and not just action figures. Of course there are other things which I would prefer new molds to be made (pitchforks, cows, sheep, medieval hats/headwear, etc) before 4 new shields.

Ben E.
CC Sets Admin
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Sorry Ben.

Where do you find it in the S@H? All your images are from brickshelf?
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

WOW!! :shock:

As megafigs (GAG!!!)

As minifigs (NICE!!!)

I would really like these minifigs... lets hope they all get knighted by Mathis or something at the end of the KK2 comics so they can afford a fashion consultant. ;-)
pitchforks, cows, sheep, medieval hats/headwear, etc
Yea... I would really really like it if lego would just release some castle town sets. Instead of a castle, it would be sweet to buy a castle-sized "town" or "market" or "great inn" or... anything.
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

Interesting. I'm crossing my fingers for gold, silver and bronze armour.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I didn't buy any Galidor figures, so I don't see why I would bother buying these...
Their torsos are one piece each, it looks like (two, at most). What's that all about? I know that the original run wasn't much different, but at least they looked like building sets somewhat. The first run blurred the line between action figures and building sets, this second one crosses it and leaves it far behind. Honestly, is anybody else bothered by the fact that you can count the number of studs on each figure simply by looking at the catalog picture?
I might consider buying the new Vladek figure, if it goes on deep discount, so that I can combine it with the original Vladek figure (which also needs to go on deep discount before I consider buying it). I'm not going to be upset if I miss out though.
However, I can see why people might be excited to see these in minifig form. Different colored or types of armor might be useful, but I'm still upset that these mega figures exist.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Speaking of Galidor...
(They gave this junk out for free at Legoland Billund.)

The new Megafigs look better than the current ones, but the figs themselves look even less "LEGO" than the old ones. I wonder, though, if the 2×4 studs on the shields are real 2×4 bricks or plates or inseparable parts of the shields?

Bye
Jojo

This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Dragon Master wrote:Sorry Ben.

Where do you find it in the S@H? All your images are from brickshelf?
Here you go, the URL:http://shop.lego.com/leaf.asp?cn=192&d=7&t=3
James
Peasant

Post by James »

I'm wondering whether to buy one soley on the fact that last year they had a preview of the minifig sets in the instructions.
Is it worth the gamble to potentially find out what minifig sets are in store?
James Stacey
------
www.minifig.co.uk
I'm a citizen of Legoland travellin' Incommunicado
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

James wrote:I'm wondering whether to buy one soley on the fact that last year they had a preview of the minifig sets in the instructions.
Is it worth the gamble to potentially find out what minifig sets are in store?
Sry, I dunno. I never bought the first megafigs, I only saw this on S@H. They are not even in the stores, here in Belgium.