same
10%
not sure
6%

Total votes: 70

Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

If you look closely it appears they have different printing on the armour. Also there are two brown pieces in the bottom section of the fortress....they look like pre fabed pieces that look like rock, yes or no?
Troy T. Moore
Ja_izzle
Apprentice

Post by Ja_izzle »

i dunno about you guys but these sets, dominate the old sets (2004). I could see myself buying most of these sets.... finance permiting..lol I expecially like the rascus minifig with the white horse and green horse helmet, (because) I've had to paint mine green, which works, but oh, so much easier to just buy them. Also, like veryone else has said, the colors are so much better then the preivous sets, and the shields... might actually be used for something other than customizing.

but i agree, might be a bit pricey.
Jason
Beware Avatre, Fire of the Dawn, for she swoops like golden fury from above.......

[url=http://www.neahkahnie.k12.or.us/~jasonw/homepage.htm][img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/blackjack ... rise12.jpg[/img][/url]
The Green Meanie
Serf

Post by The Green Meanie »

Old shields = Yay!
Sets = Eh, I'll wait to see them more before I pass judgement.
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

It is a dream come true!

More Shadow Knights!
Horses for my Morcian Knights!
A gibbet for Danju!
A Scorpion monster!
Hero Knights with siege weapons!

and are those chrome Shadow Knights?!

If KK2 looks this good...maybe LEGO is starting to turn around...I simply can't wait to see what is in store for KK2 in 2006...and it still isn't 2005...it is a shame that there is no sign of the sorcerer,the gargoyles,and the rogue knights...or a Book of Morcia piece...
Master Blobicus
Apprentice

Post by Master Blobicus »

so so sooooooooooooooooooooo much cooler. Thank uhh Something, I thought LEGO was dying but they came back with this. The Master is pleased.
could you tell me before you go back in time, I was talking to a robe on the coat rack for 20 minuets before I releized you left!
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

How could any one not like them? They are bringing back the old castle walls and the old sheilds! The castle looks a bit like the Ninja Castle (not a bad thing).
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
The Wolfpack Boss
Freeman

Re:

Post by The Wolfpack Boss »

Wow. I feel so good about these sets. There is hope for Lego Castle after all ...

They're still not exactly the best ... serving more as parts sets than anything we got in the past ... but at least this time, there's nice assortments of parts, tons of figures and weapons, and some neat ideas.

A rickety, Willow-esque prison tower never hurts. The fact that it comes with the blue knight one a white horse (with some sort of saddlebag / armor!), and two scorpion knights (and is that the purple knight in the cage?), is awesome. Four figures. A sick, sick looking giant scorpion (very cool) and some prefab castle wall chunks, stairs and brown rocks, will help me out. I need black wall pieces. Great.

I like this siege tower more than the Vladek Attacks one. A cool blue knight, king, silver and bronze swords (much better than yellow or red ... ych) at least they're metallic. And I really like the battering ram, it's a very clever idea, using the boulder pieces for the ram. I also like the spikes on the wheels and that it too comes with two scorpion knights - with classic axes!

A nice little kart, that's actually a catapult with a horse to pull it ... awesome. Have we ever had a catapult that actually came with a horse to pull it before? Two more scorpion goons never, ever, could hurt ... but it's the green knight's horse that I'm after, at least, it's face-plate. A green faceplate will rock as far as my Forestmen are concerned. I'd already planned on allying the green knight with them, after I replace his face with one of the basketball players. I really want some cool, african knights. I want "Orient Expedition" parts to make Moors too, but anyway, very nice.

What could be simpler, a red knight, a scorpion knight, a white horse and a kart. I have a feeling, I'm going to have a surplus of white horses. But anyway, since I think the red knight is the only really lame one, I only have to get one of them. And I get a horse and scorpion trooper. Excellent.

Awesome, a folding fortress! It's been far too long. It may be lame and open, like the Night Lord's Castle, but hey, cool rock base pieces, big brown wooden doors, some black and gray all pieces, flames, and flags and banners are always helpful for the castle builder. Black pillars are great, three scorpion troopers and Vladek are awesome. Each of the knights is great also. The blue knight has a dark blue helmet base. That's interesting, looks good. And the big horse-drawn catapult is really cool. Lot's of extra pieces for us, spears, lances, flags, heck, and a black KK sword. I may even get some use out of those oversize swords.

Yay LEGO!
Harbourmaster's Office
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3521/4033675 ... 8cb1_t.jpg[/img]
(More at Flickr: [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/8273684@N02/4033675910/[/url])
spotfrog
Freeman

Post by spotfrog »

Troy T. Moore wrote: Also there are two brown pieces in the bottom section of the fortress....they look like pre fabed pieces that look like rock, yes or no?
I think they're the new ice pieces from Alpha Team, except brown.
°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

These look much better than this years sets. Though I'm finding that they somewhat grow on you. Either that or I'm addicted to new sets... something about that clean feel and the fun of building something new.

My observations:

Vladeks new oval shield looks nice.

New red lattice windows in the fortresses. Could be interesting.

Many brown BURPS. Those will be nice, if you are into that sort of thing, which I am.

I like the sloped pieces (originally from the Ninja line).

I've been meaning to make a cage like that. Looks like Lego beat me to it.

It might be just the scan quality, but the skulls in the Shadow Knight's fortress look like they might be chrome. I'd guess it is probably just the scan, though it would be cool.

And Shadow Knights up the wazzoo!!!
Have we ever had a catapult that actually came with a horse to pull it before?
Batlord's Catapult was horse powered. Single horse powered as I recall...

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

and are those chrome Shadow Knights?!
If you look closer you can actually see that those are chrome Shadow Knights. I think they even have a chrome helmet and a chrome EURO ARMOR piece(wouldn't that be great????)
Geno
Gong Farmer

Post by Geno »

as lil' jon would put it,
A YEAH!!!!
sorry....but this stuff looks great, i'm excited to get all those wonderful shadow knights...BUWHAHAHAHA.....as for the other guys, meh....they didnt really change much...cept the triangle shileds....thats cool...and the horse catapult...i dont know why you're questioning its super coolness.....i wants me a horse carapult....all yall who didnt want them, when you buy the sets, send the to me....
The shadows touch all but light....
Fry_slayer
Steward

Post by Fry_slayer »

8877 is definitely gonna be hot... with all the chrome armor n stuff. oh ya finally the badguys outnumbered the good guys.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Will these much shadow knights a scene like LOTR is an viable options now.. (
Huw
Gong Farmer

Post by Huw »

What set did these scans come from? I havesn't really seen catalogs in Lego sets in years.
It's not a separate catalogue, just on the back page of the instructions for Lord Vladek:

http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Set=8795-1

The store had all the new Sir?lord maxi-figs in stock.

The figure is definitely an improvement on last years. The arm moving mechanism is different. Now the arm swings from side to side rather than going up and down. Personally I'd prefer it to be locked to allow better posing.

Huw
spotfrog
Freeman

Post by spotfrog »

Does the face look the same as before?
°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================