same
10%
not sure
6%

Total votes: 70

Toa Tilius
Villein

Post by Toa Tilius »

I got the comic from the instructions, SKM stole the credit. Hmph! Oh well.

Have yo seen on the really bad siege engine that there's no tabto keep the drawbridge up? Lame. The prison is good, and so is the castle, but the rest aren't that good.
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

SKM from BZPower wrote:NEWS FLASH: Apparently, the chrome Shadow Knights are really Elite Shadow Knights. Also, the silver helmet on the Dark Fortress is Vladek's power source. And last of all, at the end of the story, Mathias hands his crown over to Jayko, and Jayko becomes the new King.

News is always so depressing.

So, we've been suffering these weak set designs for the past year so the Mighty Morphin Power Knights can destroy a large silver helmet?

Of course, it makes sense to hand the crown to the youngest and least experienced person. Oh well. If that means Knights Kingdom II will end and we can get some real castle sets, then I don't care who gets the crown.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Draygen
Artisan

Post by Draygen »

Can't seem to get the link to work. Anyway its a little odd to hear people keep complaining about a storyline. Do you have to follow the storyline? No. IT's there for the little kids who like it and want to keep going with it.

Just because they set the ending and beginnings doesn't make them the ones you have to play. Personally I've always played it that the Knights got beaten by Vladrek, or just barely survived a full on battle.

The heroes are 4 special knights, so its only right that despite them having great power they're only 4. So they can get their butt kicked fairly easily against sooo many shadowknights and forces of Vladrek.

Play it how you want, no one is ever forcing anyone to play a certain way. There were always stories in the past, just no one ever understood them fully. Wolf Pack were Thieves as were Forest Men(not as evil), most people played them as such.

Just do with them what you want, its LEGO, or did we forget that?
Dreams are only unrealized realities.
The Tennis Ball Kid
Laborer

Post by The Tennis Ball Kid »

Draygen wrote: Do you have to follow the storyline?
No, but the sets will. As long as their function as a building toy is subservient to their function as part of this story, they will continue to be of inferior quality, and I will continue to wait till they go on clearance before buying them. IMO of course. :)

ttbk

P.S. Try the link again, it should work.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

wow, I am so late to this conversation.
and I will say I see both the good and bad points...

However, I like the new sets. I will be much more apt to get these than the other kk2 sets. I had no interest in the castle of Morcia, nor the wheelie joust set. I did want the castle wall attack, with the siege tower, and I got it and I like it.
Not crazy about the plastic things on the tower..
anyways, back to the '05 sets...

I will probably get most if not all of these, funds allowing, and it sure seems like maybe the KK2 designers paid attention to several of our complaints... maybe they really do stop by here and read from time to time.. :wink:
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Toa Tilius wrote:I got the comic from the instructions, SKM stole the credit. Hmph! Oh well.

Have yo seen on the really bad siege engine that there's no tabto keep the drawbridge up? Lame. The prison is good, and so is the castle, but the rest aren't that good.
[frightenedvoice] I'm really sorry Tilius, please forgive me...[/frightenedvoice]

Anyways, I think these new sets are great. I'm gonna get all of 'em.
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

Holy Cow!!! Every time I come back theres like another page on this thread!

Anyways, I really don't care if TLC has a story, but the question is can they make good sets for their story?

I think they can to an extent- as they have proved so far. Keep up the improvments LEGO!!

Dave
Draygen
Artisan

Post by Draygen »

I think i'll get all as well, funds permitting. Except... well no I can find a use for them all hehe.
Dreams are only unrealized realities.
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

Um... Wow. So much better.

IMHO, these are almost better than Dragon Masters. Actually, am I the only one who got the feeling of "DMs meet FK" for the Shadow Knights?

It's not saying much, but I think that KK2 Yr 2 may be > Fright Knights.

Vladek's comical sword in black? Well, better than the rest, I suppose.

Am I the only one who thinks that 8877 closes up BFF-style and simply opens up for playability? If so, this could actually be a coherent 4 walled-structure!

Favorites:

TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

these are almost better than Dragon Masters.
Almost but not quite. If they had vvizards with pointy hats and real dragons...
RuthleSs__PaLadin
Apprentice

Post by RuthleSs__PaLadin »

Really nice improvement. They are definately better than 2004. I like that there are horses in most sets. The shields as mentioned are a positive. The black walls on the scorpion castle may be a positive sign of future legends using them :D
IMHO, these are almost better than Dragon Masters.
Maybe so, for all the Euro armor and horses. The shadow knight is now common.

DAn
Chancellor Erik
Apprentice

Post by Chancellor Erik »

Better than DMs?!? Hardly...

But definitely a huge improvement. Of course, I am a stong opponent of the flying orange buzz saw, but I will most likely buy alot of these sets for pieces.
Remember, when you reach for the stars, they're too far away and its hopeless. And even if you could, that would burn your hand clean off. - Wally, from Scott Adams' "Dilbert"
The Brick Lord
Villein

2005 KK?

Post by The Brick Lord »

You mean they have already made a new KK? Where do you guys hear of this stuff?
The Brick Lord
Jojo
Master

Re: 2005 KK?

Post by Jojo »

Hallo!

The Brick Lord wrote:You mean they have already made a new KK? Where do you guys hear of this stuff?
Follow this thread up to its font.

Bye
Jojo

This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill