same
10%
not sure
6%

Total votes: 70

LusiferSam
Peasant

Post by LusiferSam »

Better? Well ok, when compared to the '04 sets. Its still not a hugh improvement. But I might buy these sets. I still haven't make up my mind about the '04.
brian
Freeman

Post by brian »

These sets are a great improvemnet over the 04 sets! I love that the triangle shields are back, we have real horses again, and I see alot of older weapons throughout every set. LEGO really did a nice job on these. For all the complaining they hear, I think they are starting to get it right. Nice job guys! I will be buying these in the summer! :D
" Black Falcon High football team rules!"
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Alot of people seem to have been worried about the horses, weather tlc would put wheels on them all and so on...

I must say I never was, it seemd to me that this was a one-time thing for the Grand Tournament set.

I would also like to add that I really like the scorpion rider in 8876.

joel.
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

These do look somewhat better than th '04 sets. Not much worry about bley because of all the black, and of course more shadow knights is nice. A lot of the stuff is just weird though, like the horse-mounted catapult and the spinning blade contraptions. I am a bit dissapointed that we don't see any of the non-colorful armor that was on the big figures, but that may change in the final version. More horses are always good, of course. And the shadow knights (or are they shadow knights?) in the castle do appear to be wearing chrome armor-I wonder what that is about. Maybe they are actually the gargoyles or rougue knights that seem to be missing.

Edit: BTW, what are we supposed to call this line? KK2II?
Last edited by Emperor James on Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pwnage
cd536
Laborer

Post by cd536 »

I think spotfrog has just coined the new catch phrase for KK2! Flying Orange Sawblades of Death!!!!!! I love it.
I wasn't to thrilled about the "Crayon" knights this year, but next year is definitley the year of EVIL!!!!!!! Really killer sets.

Oh....and I like the Horseable Catapult :P
Suvied
Laborer

Post by Suvied »

These are aweful. :evil: Where are my wheeled horses? Where is my raised baseplate? What is with all these dark knights? Why did they change they bley colors on my knights to all those matching dark colors? This is awful. This has to be the worst thing LEGO has done with castle. Or maybe I'm a big whiner. :wink:

The only real complaint I will have with these is the same I had with the first. Over priced. If the sets were priced $5, 10, 15, 20 and 50 I would be very happy. For some reason I think it will more likely be $9, 15, 20, 30, 35 (that dungeon tower doesn't seem as big as the guardians tower) and 90 like 2004. There is still hope though.
-suvieD
There is someone who is always worse off than you . . . consider my peasants for example.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Suvied wrote:
The only real complaint I will have with these is the same I had with the first. Over priced. If the sets were priced $5, 10, 15, 20 and 50 I would be very happy. For some reason I think it will more likely be $9, 15, 20, 30, 35 (that dungeon tower doesn't seem as big as the guardians tower) and 90 like 2004. There is still hope though.
-suvieD
You don't even know what the prices are yet so why are you conplaining about them? You just THINK they'll be pricey, you are ASSUMING. So really why are you complaining. :? When the sets are listed in the catalog for 50 bucks THEN you can complain. But right now you can't. :wink:
Space rocks.
Huw
Gong Farmer

Post by Huw »

I have posted larger, 300dpi scans at http://www.brickset.com

Huw
(originator of the original scan, from the back of Lord Vladek purchased in TRU Hayes, UK)
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Huw wrote:I have posted larger, 300dpi scans at http://www.brickset.com

Huw
(originator of the original scan, from the back of Lord Vladek purchased in TRU Hayes, UK)
Thanks for these scans! They made my day. :)

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Huw wrote:I have posted larger, 300dpi scans at http://www.brickset.com

Huw
Thanks for posting the larger scans. I can now see things that I wouldn't have noticed otherwise. Thanks alot! :D

I'm so happy now.

-Life is very very good!
Space rocks.
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

This is a huge improvement!! Finally there are some elements I might actually be able to use. And fortunately for me, the predominate colour this year is black instead of blay, so I may be inclined to purchase a set or two. I'm glad that the new horse armor is available in "normal" colours which may be carried over to earlier factions (Red, Green and Blue instead of Dark Red and Light Blue). The castle also appears to be a step in the right direction, droping that awful pre-fab base plate.

I'm still not impressed by the Mini-figs. The brightly coloured armour just doesn't do it for me. Perhaps we will see an accessory pack with this armour in more neutral tones in the future.

On a side note, I never realized how red the new brown was until I saw these sets!! Still, an improvement is an improvement so I can't complain too much.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Man...this is really good stuff! At last the problem of only four Shadow Knights is solved...An evil fortress...Another siege tower...New horse armour...

I'm certainly getting all of these when they come out.
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

I don't see any rogue knights, gargoyles, or sorcerers. The big castle looks fairly flat. I'd be curious to see it from other angles.

I wonder what's in the carriage?

The shields are much better this time around.

There are certainly some cool things on these sets. That hanging cage is just evil! The dumping kettle above the castle gate is nice as well. It's good to see some of the classic parts return, but the bad swords and new wall sections are still around.

This is an improvement over 2004, but it still retains many of 2004's flaws and introduces some new reasons to cringe. Horse mounted catapults? Spinny saw-blade launchers? Still, I'll get some of these. Most of them seem to have some really nice aspects.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I can actually see myself buying every one of these sets (with the exception of 8875... not much interest in that one).
I particularly like the general color scheme (black and red), the number of horses and shadow knights, new grey saddles, better color scheme on the knights, heraldic symbols printed on the armor (instead of crazy designs, though those weren't too bad either), chrome shadow knights... yes, I will definitely be buying most, if not all of these sets, and probably multiples of several. I don't really need money for school, right?
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess