What you like about KK2:1 and KK2:2

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
forester3291
Merchant

What you like about KK2:1 and KK2:2

Post by forester3291 »

I just want everyone here to post what they like about KK2 2004 and 2005 and where you htink TLC needs to really improve. Please. :NO BASHING:. I want you to post what you LIKE.

I'll get the ball rolling. :wink:

I hadn't had any euro armor before kk2. Now I have 9 of them. This makes me hapyy even though some of the armor is bright.

I like the shadow knights. The helmets are cool and so is the rest of them. The torso, face, etc.

I like the chrome euro armor that's in the new sets. Now I can have a Knight in SHINING armor!

Now we have finaly got a caslte without a rasied baseplate. Thats the first castle without one since.....a long time. :P

So just post what you like about KK2 here. I guess I posted this here because I just bought my fifth KK2 set today and it was on clearance! So I'm a happy camer right now!
Space rocks.
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Hey, Forester!

Hmm, let's see...
KK2:1 has had it's good sides too, we have euro armour again, and in nice colors like black and green who knows what we could do with them? The shields I must admitt, I've changed my mind about. They are actaually quite nice the unusual shape makes them ideal for unusual people

I got the Vladek Attavk Kit shortly after my birthday in August and I liked it very much, mainly for pieces, but the models too where very nice. A Big + for this set!

Now when we've seen the sets of 05, I must say I'm impressed with tlc, it's almost like they really have read what is written arround here, because they have taken a lot of our advices: Horses are in again, Vladeks castle looks great and let's not forget the skeleton! The triangle shields are back too! Great!

Though it's not perfect (what are all those Bionicle pieces doing there?) it's a big step forward, next year really seems to be better then this one.

happy new year!

joel
I'm back, and so is Castle!
De_EmU
Villein

Post by De_EmU »

I love KK2 Shadow Knights. Dark red and black is the coolest combo. Though I only have 12 I plan to get much more in 2005. :twisted:

I never really bought any KK1. None of the sets or figs really looked as cool as the older guys, but the armored female torso is usefull.

EmU

EDIT: Heres a fig of a KK2 assasin I made http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=949527
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

things I like.

I like the color combo's. I like the blazons. I like the way it seems heraldic. A wolf head on a purple field? much better I think than the octogon shield.
I like the red bars in the windows. For a sinister castle its awesome. In case you hadnt noticed I like the 2005 sets way better than the 2004 sets.
I think that TLC is listening, although we will probably not see items like "the good old days".
still, with silver euro armor, I am hoping for a silver helmet, with silver pointed visor, over an all grey body.
*drool...*
can you just picture that?
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

I like the villains. :wink:
Vladek is very cool, and even cooler if you take off his armor and use it for orcs. There are a lot of LotR-worthy pieces in KK2. And the new KK2 looks like it has even more LotR possibilities. Like chrome armor -- am I the only one who sees possible Gondorian soldiers?
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

Sir_Marcellus wrote:I Like chrome armor -- am I the only one who sees possible Gondorian soldiers?
No.. I had thought that it might make pretty good Gondorian soilders. :wink:

What I like about KK2:

1. I like the Oct. Sheilds. I know that some of you don't- but thats fine, I do.
2.I like some of the heads.
3.I like the design of the helms-but I think TLC has their color sceme all mixed up. I mean its the middle ages right? I for one have never read anything about knights painting their armor :roll: :wink:
4. I'm sure I would like the shadow knight but I don't own any as of yet so I will wait to pass judgment.

Dave
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

Duke_Dave wrote: 1. I like the Oct. Sheilds. I know that some of you don't- but thats fine, I do.
2.I like some of the heads.
3.I like the design of the helms-but I think TLC has their color sceme all mixed up. I mean its the middle ages right? I for one have never read anything about knights painting their armor :roll: :wink:
4. I'm sure I would like the shadow knight but I don't own any as of yet so I will wait to pass judgment.

Dave
Ah, yes, I forgot those. The heads are nice(most of them, I'm actually not too fond of Vladek's head), as are the helms(although I think some knights actually did paint their armor). The octagonal shields are also essential if you're making Peter Jackson-based Gondorian soldiers.
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

I think the shields could work fine for Romans (Falcons and wolves) or maybe elves...

Joel
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

I would tend to use ovoid shields for Elves, but the octagonal ones definitely work for Romans.
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Accessories. KK1 and KK2 are AWESOME for minifig parts. The sets themselves, I could care less about, although they do tend to have several useful pieces. The prominence of big, pre-moulds is perhaps a bit of downfall, but only if you really dislike pre-moulds to the point of not using them. With my piece selection, I pretty much have to to compete in the medium-big castles league, and as far as pre-moulds go, the ones that they have are pretty good.

Don't really like the new colours, but that's a problem with 2004+ LEGO in general, and not specific to KK2.
Sir_Marcellus wrote:I like the villains.
Vladek is very cool, and even cooler if you take off his armor and use it for orcs. There are a lot of LotR-worthy pieces in KK2. And the new KK2 looks like it has even more LotR possibilities. Like chrome armor -- am I the only one who sees possible Gondorian soldiers?
Not really Gondorians....

But I could DEFINITELY see late Second Age Numenorians. Say from Ar-Pharazon's armada. You know, the one that scared Sauron's army, at the SAME time as he was wearing the One Ring...

Or maybe the Gondolindrim or possibly the Vanyar....

Definitely a lot of uses. And that's just middle-earth related ideas. :D
Longbowmen
Peasant

Post by Longbowmen »

Vladek!!!!! Finally a real castle villian has appeared in TLC. And the armor of al the knights... WOW.. And as Formendacil said the se'ts don't do a thing to me....
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

Not even Peter Jackson style?

It'd be nice if LEGO made some Elvish-looking swords for the next KK round ... we have so far got nothing from LEGO that is worthy of Gondolin(or any other Elvish city).

Santis has a good dwarf face. Rascus perhaps a Rohirrim or Gondorian. Maybe even a Numenorian.
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

What I like...well, it is "castle", such as it is it is still castle.

The euro armour is all good, though purple and blue are a bit harder to blend in.

The inclusion of the 4 bladed spear from the OE line, the shields are neat too.

Shadow knights are the best and I am glad to see more on the way for 05. The 05 sets appear better designed, save the siege tower. I hope this years releases do very well, not to encourage KK as a standard, but to revive more historical castle as opposed to the current fantasy. Lego like all companies needs to make money to stay in business.
Troy T. Moore
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Sir_Marcellus wrote:
Not even Peter Jackson style?

It'd be nice if LEGO made some Elvish-looking swords for the next KK round ... we have so far got nothing from LEGO that is worthy of Gondolin(or any other Elvish city).

Santis has a good dwarf face. Rascus perhaps a Rohirrim or Gondorian. Maybe even a Numenorian.
Matter of opinion, I guess... I COULD see the chrome armour used for PJ Gondorians, but I (as just about everyone here ought to be able to predict) don't really care for the movies as my source of inspiration. I see the Gondorians in light of how the book describes them: as a sober, noble race (hence, I would use black or dark grey helms/armour over chrome for most), and somewhat "fallen" from the great days of old (hence the chrome of Ar-Pharazon becomes the dark grey of Denethor).

I COULD easily see Prince Imrahil in the chrome armour. The description of him on the eve of battle, going around the walls with Gandalf, as a bright, shining hope for the soldiers seems to lend itself perfectly to chrome armour. Would definitely have to get a chrome dragon helm, though...

Which was anthoer great thing about KK1: the chrome sets. Got to love that helm. Even if it only came in one (Rare) set.