Yes
69%
No
31%

Total votes: 61

Norro
Councilor

Post by Norro »

I always built the set more or less to see if it was all there then parted it out. Now with KK2 and other new additions I question even building it first...

God Bless,

Nathan
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Perhaps its just me, but I'm a little confused on what the poll is asking. The poll question asks if you "remake" all of your sets, but the topic heading asks whether you take apart all your sets. Accordingly, I'll divide my answer into two parts.

On the first question:

I don't really remake many of my sets. Only a great set such as 6080 (King's Castle), or 6074 (BFF) is really worthy of a second go-arround.

On the second question:

I take most of my sets apart. Not so much for parts (which I won't hesitate to take), but for space. It simply isn't feasible to have so many sets lying arround. Again, only the best sets deserve a long shelf life. Accordingly, the only set I have built right now is the BFF.

Later.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Blueandwhite wrote:Perhaps its just me, but I'm a little confused on what the poll is asking.
I was wondering about that, too. But I didn't dare to ask... (Nor did I vote.)

Bye
Jojo

This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Jojo wrote:Hello!

Blueandwhite wrote:Perhaps its just me, but I'm a little confused on what the poll is asking.
I was wondering about that, too. But I didn't dare to ask... (Nor did I vote.)

Bye
Jojo

I assumed that it was asking if you "remake" your sets into other things. But I could be wrong.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

JoshWedin wrote: I assumed that it was asking if you "remake" your sets into other things. But I could be wrong.

Josh
Oh my.

Its a good thing I didn't vote because I assumed the poll was asking if you rebuilt your sets after you've destroyed them.

Later.
Dragonlord Esq.
Reeve

Post by Dragonlord Esq. »

Still not quite sure what it's asking, but I'll answer both possible questions. I always keep together my castles, as well as any fully armored knights from a set (such as from Black Monarch's Ghost or King's Mountain Fortress). Smaller sets, unless I really like them, usually go into the parts bin. And I usually don't rebuild sets after their scrap because it's frustrating trying to scrounge for the right parts (and my roommates hate the Lego scrounging sound).
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

i usally keep my sets built for about a week than destroy them, unless i really like the set and/or don't really need any pieces from it.
Trigger
Laborer

Post by Trigger »

Yes, most barely live two days.
castlebrickman
Apprentice

yes

Post by castlebrickman »

yah i take em apart but its only becuse my mom keeps on telling me there's to many legos out and i keep on geting tyred of it so i put em away for some time and then when i think she forgot i take them back out and re build them :lol: :P
Visit my site www.piratebricks.com
The LEGO Pirate Resource!!!
gooberliberation
Peasant

Post by gooberliberation »

I just got me a castle of morcia for 30 from walmart..

:lol: what do yall THINK ima do with all that plastic?
bannear
Artisan

Post by bannear »

Build everything at least once then MOCfodder. If my son sees something on the web or in the stack of instructions he wants to have built or help build, we will rebuild it but it usually gets dismantled within a couple of days.
SirBert
Bert Annear
Bert's Brick's
http://www.BrickLink.com/store.asp?p=bannear