Classic-Castle.com

The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

awful new KK2 set?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products

awful new KK2 set?

Postby rogue27 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:42 am

Set No. 65642:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... s&n=185012

It looks like it's just the tournament set with a kid-sized sword and shield included.

I am sad.
rogue27
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Postby Bruce N H » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:07 am

Hmm, I liked the prevous sword and shield that were available at Legoland and the official stores much better. These could be fun, though.

Bruce
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Postby TheOrk » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:13 am

YAY!!!!!
TLC are finally giving us weapons to smite the evil jelly bellies with! :mrgreen:
TheOrk
Master

Postby forester3291 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:54 am

First off this isn't a terrible set if you're a kid. :P Second, the torunament set sin't taht bad. The horses on wheels isn't a bad idea. I think it's a creative idea. THat's what LEGO is all about. My younger siblings LVOE the horses on wheels.

But I must agree that the previous life sized swords and shields were better.
Space rocks.
forester3291
Merchant

Postby The Josh » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:31 am

I hate to admit it, but I have that set :oops: . I bought one a local Toys'R'Us about a week ago. The sword and shield are made of foam.

-The Josh
The Josh
Apprentice

Postby Dragon Master » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:32 am

That's certified poop!
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Dragon Master
Merchant

Postby Dark_Avenger » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:07 am

Yeah, I saw that at TRU two weeks ago, but you can get that sword and sheild (as well as Jayko's) at any brand store, not to mention some other life-scale accessories.
I'd give the LEGO Company a pat on the back if I could. Thank you for the excellent sets. You are truely going in the right direction.
Dark_Avenger
Villein

Location: Look out your window. See the guy running around naked? That's me.

Postby rogue27 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:10 am

Let me clarify:

It does look fun for a kid. However, I get the impression that gimmicky non-LEGO stuff like this is part of the reason their financial statements are so bad lately. A giant foam sword certainly isn't one of their core products. It makes me sad to see them continue branching out in such non-LEGO ways.

On the bright side, it is a good deal if you like this sort of thing, for it is the same price as the tournament set without the sword. It is likely to become a semi-rare collector's item like 6099 which is just 6047 with a large plastic cave included.
rogue27
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Postby ottoatm » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:32 am

Heh heh heh...

I had a He-Man sword and sheild just like this when I was younger... that thing got miles and miles of play with both me and my friends (we had some classic duels). Also, it made me love He-Man all the more...

Personally, if I was a kid and got this from my parents, it'd make me jump into KK2 further and further ~
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot!
CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Postby LEGOFREAK » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:00 pm

rogue27 wrote:Let me clarify:

It does look fun for a kid. However, I get the impression that gimmicky non-LEGO stuff like this is part of the reason their financial statements are so bad lately. A giant foam sword certainly isn't one of their core products. It makes me sad to see them continue branching out in such non-LEGO ways.

On the bright side, it is a good deal if you like this sort of thing, for it is the same price as the tournament set without the sword. It is likely to become a semi-rare collector's item like 6099 which is just 6047 with a large plastic cave included.

this is just making available to the public that which was only available at the legolands.
I still have an adventurers sword and a wolfpack sword (Ok my son has them.. but I bought them.. their mine I tell you!) from the times we went to legoland CA.
the foam stuff has been around for years and years.
and also for the gimmicky stuff, remember the alien mask? :D I never got one of those but I wanted one. (they wouldnt fit me so I never got it.) (my head is to big :( )
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Postby Umgarla » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:43 pm

Isn't this just some sorta KK2 bashing? Think about what's positive in KK2 instead of just hating it...
Umgarla
Laborer

Postby Rubberchickenknight » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:18 am

my little brothers fight all the time with pillows, plastic swords, anything... this could make it safer for them :D
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." - Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
Rubberchickenknight
Squire

Postby Sir Vincent » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:14 pm

I posted some poorly taken pictures of my sword and shield...in my Shadow Knights gallery...and don't any of you ask for the link...
Sir Vincent
Steward

Return to LEGO Castle Sets