Weekly Set Review: Twin Arm Launcher

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Hob Took
Reeve

Post by Hob Took »

I never got this set, but it seems to be a really good army builder. A few figs, catapult, LOTS of weapons, and a horse. The design is unrealistic, but it looks fun! Good points for playability and piece selection.
Shadowviking
Councilor

Post by Shadowviking »

I don't have it, but I want it; nice army builder, cool catapault, cool barding, cool everything!!

Actually, the catapault is kinda weird... :?
Ah well.

9/10
...and that's how Equestria was made!
[url=http://www.flickr.com/people/shadowviking/]flickr[/url] | [url=http://receptacle.tumblr.com/]tumblr[/url] | [url=http://tellers-tales.wikidot.com/]teller's tales[/url]
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

Hmm, A twin catapult is a little strange, as well as a regular sodier riding a horse, especially with a barding. But everything else about this set is awsome. I have a couple copies and they were well-worth the purchase (good deal on ebay, I got 'em for roughly retail).

The bardign is very welcome, as well as the round shields. The simplicity, while retaining good part selection is a testament to the golden age. I was able to make an even better catapult out of the parts that came in just this set, and it makes a decent army builder; especially if you are looking to bulk up your seige strength (i.e. catapults with folks to man them).

A good set indeed!
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
Patron of the lego
Archer

Post by Patron of the lego »

A unrealistic catapult, until you take one arm off, then it looks fine! 10/10 for reasons said
I am leniet to all lego sets :) gooday to all
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

However brilliant this set may be for parts (particularly the barding and the grey shield) I also dislike it in an odd way, as it shows a slight move away from the generally historical feel of the eighties, with a rather strange twin-armed catapult. Now whilst this was nothing big in its time, gradually sets began to feature more and more of these features as the years went by and this eventually led to a decline in quality (Fright Knights - I shiver at the thought of them, but not because they were scary...). I'm not saying the sets following this one were at all bad - most of them were excellent - but here is where, arguably, we get the first hints of Castle's later decline.

7/10

- Matt
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Barding, round-shields and Crusader Knights! Isn't it interesting to see the total departure to a new design-build from back then to modern times?
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

I like this set. It has lots of great pieces, and the design, while not realistic, is cool looking. Also, the price wasn't too bad.

8.5/10

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

Although the catapult itself is a little strange, this set is worth getting for the figs, weapons, and especially the barding.
C0M3_GeT_5OME
Serf

Post by C0M3_GeT_5OME »

This was one of my favourite sets as a kid i just loved the barding and the shields. I have 2 of these sets, i got my first with set 6030 so i used to have catapalt wars with them...... good times, good times
J_MAN
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Re: Weekly Set Review: Twin Arm Launcher

Post by J_MAN »

I really like this set. Unfortunately I don't own it but it's on my list of must haves. I really like the horse and the two mini-figs. 9/10
veevers24
Newbie of the Month

Post by veevers24 »

I have three of these sets (one original and two bought later from eBay) and for a small set you get some great pieces.

1 - The coolest barding lego ever made
2 - The really quite rare round shields
3 - A Barrel - always good for MOC
Sir Prog
Laborer

Post by Sir Prog »

I definitely owned this one as a kid. For late 80s/early90s models, the technology on the catapult was ahead of its time for Lego. I couple of figs can't hurt, but the horse sheath was of Spectacular design! Plus, the yellow pillars made for good "fiery" ammo.

No baddies included but hey, that's a more modern concept sell that didn't really kick in until the mid to late 90s.

7.5/10
For the King's Castle!
Jibbajaba
Laborer

Post by Jibbajaba »

I bought this set off the shelf back in the day, and it is still one of my favorites. Excellently designed catapault, great figs and accessories, great playability that goes well with other castle sets. 10/10 easy.

Chris