Viking Scans and Names

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Norro
Councilor

Re: Viking Scans and Names

Post by Norro »

I never thought I would see the day when lego directly copied Mega-blocks... : ( Frankly I think these sets have lost some of the surreality that I always loved about lego (think classic castle in the 80s and early 90s). Not to mention the beasts or red 'fort'. It would be nice in old brown... The cretor sets look good though....

God Bless,

Nathan
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Wow. These sets look completely and totally awesome. Grat parts for dwarves, and just vikings. I really liek the new beards. And there is DEFINAETLY crhome euro armor! Woo hoo!!!
Space rocks.
dariofol
Freeman

Post by dariofol »

Fantastic theme.... :shock: :D :D :D :D
the minifgs figth with bionicle... eh eh eh
only the brave vikings could do :lol:

the difference from black falcons... many year are passed and many things are changed, and yet the children taste

The norse mitholgy are very original and fantstic idea...
I read in this day ''Gesta danorum'' from saxo grammaticus.... :D

for the horn on helmet.... guy this is a children toy...

when we see the walkirie...?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Akuma
Villein

Post by Akuma »

dariofol wrote:Fantastic theme.... :shock: :D :D :D :D
Haha I really liked the way you putted things on that phrase!

Maybe some people can think on the same way, instead of only whining about LEGO, before they remember that classic castle fans aren't even close to 80% of the LEGO community.

This sets, with bionicle monsters can be fun. You can smash those bionicle parts you hate with your little furious vikings! Would you prefer crashing some other cute minifigs? I don't hehe :P

I think we all should be thankful and happy, because this way LEGO will sell to a bigger % than if it was a pure classic castle, and that is good for us!

Let the fight begin :)
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/1668/]MOCPages[/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Xuma]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Absolutely right, Akuma. I think we should really encourage TLC, be thankful for what we get (which we are; very!), and hope that this is the beginning of the bettering of LEGO sets!

D-Man
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Akuma wrote:
dariofol wrote:Fantastic theme.... :shock: :D :D :D :D
Maybe some people can think on the same way, instead of only whining about LEGO, before they remember that classic castle fans aren't even close to 80% of the LEGO community.

I think we all should be thankful and happy, because this way LEGO will sell to a bigger % than if it was a pure classic castle, and that is good for us!
There's no way for us or TLC to know that because most of the LEGO community has never had a chance to know classic castle.

I agree with others in that the monsters would be better if they were more like the Designer sets. At least the Serpent is.

Now when can we get some valkyries and valhallas?
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Croaker
Serf

Post by Croaker »

Viking scan is way over due. I was lossing my interest in legos after collecting castle sets for 12 years. This will bring me back. I new line of warriors and helmets. Way to go Lego.
Jipay
Villein

Post by Jipay »

Well actually the scans may differ (a lot for at least one) from the release versions.
Webmaster of [url]http://www.eurobricks.com[/url]
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Mr. D wrote:Absolutely right, Akuma. I think we should really encourage TLC, be thankful for what we get (which we are; very!), and hope that this is the beginning of the bettering of LEGO sets!

D-Man
Um, no. If someone dislikes a theme, they should be able to say that, within certain limits of course.
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

SKM from BZPower wrote:
Mr. D wrote:Absolutely right, Akuma. I think we should really encourage TLC, be thankful for what we get (which we are; very!), and hope that this is the beginning of the bettering of LEGO sets!

D-Man
Um, no. If someone dislikes a theme, they should be able to say that, within certain limits of course.
Yes, I'm sorry if you thought I meant that no one should voice their opinions. What I did mean was this: just be careful not to always be complaining, complaining (not that anyone is). And of course, just my opinion.

D-Man
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

The Fort looks red because it uses that new Reddish-Brown color.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Wilod King
Serf

Post by Wilod King »

Personally I'm not all that impressed by the Viking sets. I agree they are a step in the right direction, but I was never a fan of the technic piece invasion since Throwbots, Robo Riders, and finally Bionicle have become popular. I am a big fan of the brick and the sets of the 80's and 90's. Just nostalgia I guess. But I don't think I'll really be collecting far beyond the Dragon Masters theme years. I did grudgingly purchase some (or really most) of the KK2 sets, but just for some minifigs and pieces. The red, green and black knights work for me, aside from the visors. But back to the Vikings, it is good to see some more imagingation back in the castle line. As well as the new minifigs and accessories to fuel our creative flame. It looks good, but it is not for me.
Wilod, King of the Dilods, Destroyer of Worlds. A.K.A. Psychoboy, Ruler of the Unknown Universe, and Cheese
RuthleSs__PaLadin
Apprentice

Post by RuthleSs__PaLadin »

Jipay wrote:Well actually the scans may differ (a lot for at least one) from the release versions.
Really? Would you say the changes made will be for the good? (To most of us castle fans). The scans look awesome to me thats why.

DAn
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

Wow ... simply amazing. I think the bionicle parts will work well for the beasts. Plus, I'm glad the horns are removable. now a quick overview of what I think of the sets.

7015 -- interesting little set. the wolf looks intimidating(despite the odd legs), but I'm not sure if I like the look of the new helm without a beard.

7016 -- not much here. the boat isn't too good-looking. and the kraken looks like a mix between 4506 and 4796. Although there is a crows' nest.

7017 -- nice to finally have a bigger dragon. Glad it's not all one piece. The siege weapon in the background looks interesting, and the set includes two bearded Vikings(finally, new beards!), one with the big helm.

7018 -- amazing. The sea-snake is the best giant LEGO snake done(much better than the Harry Potter or KK2), and the longboat is awesome, i don't know where to start. so i won't(a lot of others have covered my awe)

7019 -- nice fort, but if I get it, I'll probably modify it so it's not in the water. Chrome euro armor, great design, great Vikings, red beard ... the only downside is the beast.
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison