Viking Scans and Names

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

I'm dissapointed a bit. Instead of Bionicle like castle figures in a line, we now have the Megablocks bionicle parts right in the minifig sets. Frankly I'm not thrilled.

The bionicle beasts are awful. Come on, Bruce and Freak should show TLC how to make brick built beasts.

However I am happy about the new axes, swords, helms, and shields, despite the grpwing similarity to MEGOBLOCKS.

I think I'll be splitting my dough bettwen both lines. I can definatly see myself getting all of these sets!
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Jipay
Villein

Post by Jipay »

RuthleSs__PaLadin wrote:
Jipay wrote:Well actually the scans may differ (a lot for at least one) from the release versions.
Really? Would you say the changes made will be for the good? (To most of us castle fans). The scans look awesome to me thats why.

DAn
Erm actually the last set (the one with the dragon) would be (almost) completely different and the others may differ slightly
Webmaster of [url]http://www.eurobricks.com[/url]
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

its been said before, but this is just so awsome!!!

A viking line, thats like something from our collective dreamworld!

I'm going to buy all of these, and wait eagerly for a roman theme!
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

Woah. these are sweet :shock:
When are these coming out! I can't wait.
quiksand
Peasant

Post by quiksand »

I love the new sets! I have been contemplating buying up old pirate sets to make a nice castle type fleet from the parts. But forget that now. I can have three times the fleet for the same money (who are the real pirates?) I would have spent on Ebay. Also love the style, just like the long boats of yore........
Now Eric the Red and his Vikings can test his strength agianst the might of the Wolfpack!
Why do you need all those minifigs? You'll poke your eye out!
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Whilst it's all good and well that Lego's resurrecting the Castle line, the sets are a bit disappointing to me if you consider the fact that hardly any of these pieces will really fit in with other Lego bits. This stuff just looks too Megablocks to me. Which also makes me think that these sets are just takes on Playmobil. And let's not mention those Bionicle monsters. Bonicle's a very cool line, but it just doesn't go with System sets.
Rs_Conqueror
Peasant

Post by Rs_Conqueror »

well it seems I'm the only member who hasn't posted a reply on this one :P

while yes, the bionicle pieces completely suck, there arn't that many of them so they will not be a very big thorn in my side. The minigigs are completely awesome, and the new weapons have my keyboard covered in drool. with any luck, when these sets get completely sold out (and they will) lego will see that they are heading in the right direction and continue on the path twords better sets (boy that was deep :lol: ).

~ rs
~ RS
lack of parts = innovation
Azaghal
Landlord

Post by Azaghal »

Erm actually the last set (the one with the dragon) would be (almost) completely different and the others may differ slightly
What makes you say that?

By the way, the new dragon design makes sense for use in other sets that might be coming out later this year.

HPIV, you know. :wink:
Jipay
Villein

Post by Jipay »

Azaghal wrote:
What makes you say that?
Actually nothing makes me say that. I know it from someone well informed that's it.
Webmaster of [url]http://www.eurobricks.com[/url]
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

100 posts in this thread! And 101 for me!

Anways, from what we know, these sets look to be released in Summer or Autumn this year. Though some of it still looks sketchy to me.