Royal Knights
4%
Wolfpack
9%

Total votes: 54

BuilderQ
Laborer

Post by BuilderQ »

Fibblesnork seems to think that Black Falcons and Black Knights are the same. Look at the Black Knights section; some of the figures listed there have the Falcon emblem.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

BuilderQ wrote:Fibblesnork seems to think that Black Falcons and Black Knights are the same. Look at the Black Knights section; some of the figures listed there have the Falcon emblem.
You are right, fibblesnork mixes up them both factions. However, Fibblesnork was created by a die-hard Space freak, Todd Lehman (if I'm not mistaken), so we shouldn't expect too much accuracy with Castle stuff from him ;)

Bye
Jojo

This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
ezehogan
Foot Soldier

Post by ezehogan »

I have to pick the Black Knight's. I mean, look at all of the things that work to their favor:
  • TWO of the best castles The Lego Group ever created with 6085 (Black Monarch's Castle) and 6086 (Dungeon Masters Castle)

Distinctive plumes made for them (and then later stolen by the Dragon Masters)

The first faction to have the large shields

Two distinct horse bardings that look great, when other factions were lucky to have one design
The Forestmen would probably get my vote for second, with the Black Falcon's coming in third. In reality, none of the factions are really that bad until the Fright Knight's hit the scene. I'm kind of baffled that anyone even voted for the Fright Knight's (or the KK for that matter).

Off topic, I finally got a copy of 6086 a few weeks ago, complete. I've wanted this set since I was a boy, and I can honestly say it is everything I hoped for. Maybe that's why I'm such a Black Knight's fan?
"A chair like this is like a girlfriend! Why would you trade in an old one that's comfortable for a new one that could be a pain in the butt?" -Archie Bunker-
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

For me, my favorites are the Crusaders, Black Knights (6085, 6086), and the Black Falcons. I probably have a slight preference for the Crusaders, as I find their heraldry more interesting than the Black Knights, and Black Falcons. Still, these factions are the 'big three', and stand above all others.

That being said, I also like the Crusaders as they seem to be the proverbial "underdog" in the lego community. It seems that nobody really likes these guys. For me, Castle lego died when they replaced the Crusaders with the Royal Knights. As such, the Crusaders will always be my 'main' faction, as they define what made Castle lego so great to begin with.

I can't quite figure out why the Black Falcons are excluded though.
Master Blobicus
Apprentice

Post by Master Blobicus »

Love all the classics
could you tell me before you go back in time, I was talking to a robe on the coat rack for 20 minuets before I releized you left!
Draygen
Artisan

Post by Draygen »

Sorry, but I gotta go with Ninja hehe. Love the architecture and well... who doesn't love a ninja!!! come on. hehe.
Dreams are only unrealized realities.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

That being said, I also like the Crusaders as they seem to be the proverbial "underdog" in the lego community. It seems that nobody really likes these guys. For me, Castle lego died when they replaced the Crusaders with the Royal Knights. As such, the Crusaders will always be my 'main' faction, as they define what made Castle lego so great to begin with.
The Black Falcon's were underdogs in terms of size of castles and number of sets. That is why I think many people like them (and they are cool looking). But my favorites have also always been the Lions/Crusaders :D There are a few of us who like them the most.

Ben E.
CC Sets Admin
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Well,

BLACK KNIGHTS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

I don't see KK2 up there... :lol:

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

If you're basing it on Fibblesnork, that is a telling fact. They are a great set-reference site, but they are not necessarily to be taken as 100% authoritative where undefined things like factions from a faction-less era are concerned. Technically, the Crusaders, Black Falcons, and Black Knights all began under the name of Castle. There were one line, just like Baron von Barron and Johnny Thunder are opponents in the same line.

Later, the Black Knights got their own theme, so the name Black Knights can be taken as more-or-less official.

Crusaders and Black Falcons, while technically names only given 'official' standing by the fans, are still completely different and unique factions, unconnected to the also separate and distinct Black Knights.

Now...

To the poll.

I chose the Royal Knights. I loved those guys when I was young. I liked the bright, royal colours, the lion (I was big on lions) emblem, and the fact that it had a king.

Black Knights were a really close second.

Nowadays, though, I don't have any "real" factions standing, just my own, created ones.
Last edited by Formendacil on Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Well, I had to vote for the Balck Knights. They ahve the COOLEST shield and emblem. And becuase I love dragons. :D

My second favorite would have to be the Forestmen.

Then the Royal Knights.
Space rocks.
castlebrickman
Apprentice

ok

Post by castlebrickman »

First the poll would not let me do more then 10 so i could not put any more choices.

Second i made a mistake of saying that black falcons are the same as black knigts i ment to say that black falcons are in the same catagory as legoland castle.

i'm sorry
Visit my site www.piratebricks.com
The LEGO Pirate Resource!!!
Dragonlord Esq.
Reeve

Post by Dragonlord Esq. »

When people say "Legoland Castle", do they mean Castle up to the Black Knights (who had their own theme), Castle up to the Dragon Masters (since the Black Knights mingled with the Crusaders and Black Falcons), or Castle like the Yellow Castle?
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

I went with black knights even though I also like the original yellow castle knights.
The reason for this is simple. euro armor.
other pluses that have been noted by other members include generic figs, so you can use them in whatever faction you want, and pointy visors.

these sets were also some of the last great sets for quite some time... (yay vikings!!)
Gumby
Steward

Post by Gumby »

My favourite would be Crusaders, followed closely by Black Knights, and Black Falcons.

-Bryan