Kabaya Viking sets

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Kabaya Viking sets

Post by JPinoy »

NOTE: This is just a repeat of the news I found on BrickLink chat and posted to EuroBricks. Sorry... almost forgot to report it here in Classic-Castle. :oops: Anyway, here it is.......

Just heard from a member from BrickLink chat that about 4 or so Vikings "sets" were packed along with some Kabaya candy, much like they had done with Lego Ninja. These were really small sets, none of which are the ones we know of, and that they are really small much like the Kabaya Lego Ninja sets.

Edit: there was no Frost Giant set, apparently the member who reported it mistook the Bionicle of Fafner the Dragon as one of the mythic giants from Norse myth and also thought it was separate. He said this after I showed him the pics to make confirmations.

So in all, there are 9 Vikings sets, the 5 "main" sets we know of and the 4 Kabaya candy packed sets.

Thats the update so far.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Yes! Hopefully there are some kind Japanese sellers who will by 1,000s of those!
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Surfpenguin
Serf

Post by Surfpenguin »

ooooh! I know a good quality importer. Maybe I'd better send them some email, as it's often cheaper to get this sort of ting straight from Japan than it is to get it off ebay....
"The true measure of a hero is not in the greatness of his deeds, it's in the greatness of the deeds he inspires in others"
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Okay, for us who does'nt have a clue:

What on earth is KAbaya?

Joel.
I'm back, and so is Castle!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

kajo163 wrote:Okay, for us who does'nt have a clue:
What on earth is KAbaya?
Kabaya is a candy company which offers small LEGO sets in their packaging sometimes. Many companies in selling products in Japan do this. For example there are Coca-Cola LEGO sets which were Japan exclusives. Kabaya has made ninja, and KK1 exclusive sets only available in Japan.

Also, since this thread is pure speculation without any proof of the sets existance, I will lock it. The LEGO Castle Sets section is only for set discussion of sets which we know to exist (through catalog images, preview images, an actual set).

Ben E.
CC Sets Admin