50%
6075 Wolfpack Tower
48%

Total votes: 54

castlebrickman
Apprentice

Fav of Wolfpack sets

Post by castlebrickman »

my fav is 6038 Wolfpack Renegades (because) it comes with some extra weapons, horse and two figs :D 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Visit my site www.piratebricks.com
The LEGO Pirate Resource!!!
RuthleSs__PaLadin
Apprentice

Post by RuthleSs__PaLadin »

Yea, just for the weapons/accessories, horse, and two figs its worth it. (only if the swords are the old type!)

DAn
Dragonlord Esq.
Reeve

Post by Dragonlord Esq. »

I like the Wolfpack's Tower. I've never been fond of BURPS, but I liked the overall design. It had a very solid feel to it, like the old forester hideouts.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

RuthleSs__PaLadin wrote:Yea, just for the weapons/accessories, horse, and two figs its worth it. (only if the swords are the old type!)

DAn
It would. The old type was produced through until 1993, with the newer ones starting in 1994.

I agree that it is the best set, but I have sentimental reasons as well....

Although I never did own ANY Wolfpack sets... :cry:
ezehogan
Foot Soldier

Post by ezehogan »

I never owned the Wolfpack Tower, but I did own the Wolfpack Renegades set, and that other one where the ghost comes out of the rock.

The later set not even being considered, I'd have to say the Wolfpack Renegade set was the best. A good cart with solid design and a lot of extras.

I did like the Wolfpack Tower (played with it at a friend's house quite often) but I always felt that it needed to be larger. If you bought all three Wolfpack sets, and then got minifigs from other sets (such as the Black Knight's Castle or Fire Breathing Fortress), you would run out of places to put them in the tower. It was just a little to cramped.

Then again, maybe the problem isn't the fact that the Tower was too small, but the fact that the Wolfpack didn't have any other buildings. If you ran out of places to put your Forestmen in their Outpost or Hideout, you could always pick up their River Fortress. The Wolfpack didn't have that luxury.
"A chair like this is like a girlfriend! Why would you trade in an old one that's comfortable for a new one that could be a pain in the butt?" -Archie Bunker-
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Definitely the Wolfpack Renegades. It is an awesome cart. The design is great, had 2 figs, tons of weapons, had a bird, and was the first set I ever saw with crossbows. I loved it then and I still really like it. :)
ezehogan wrote:If you bought all three Wolfpack sets, and then got minifigs from other sets (such as the Black Knight's Castle or Fire Breathing Fortress), you would run out of places to put them in the tower. It was just a little to cramped.
I have always liked the wolfpack and thought I knew every set that they came in. So when I read your post I was sure you were wrong. :oops: It was a bit embarassing when I went and checked on Lugnet. I had no idea that a wolfpack fig came with these two sets. These were both released during my non-buying time (like Jojo, not really a dark age), so I don't have either one, but that is no excuse! Thanks for educating me, even though you didn't know you were. :D

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Umgarla
Laborer

Post by Umgarla »

I like none of the wolfpack sets above the best...
I think 6086 is the best "wolfpack" set ever! ;)
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=115690]"Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yer?"[/url]
Surfpenguin
Serf

Post by Surfpenguin »

Gonna have to be the unpopular one here and go with Wolfpack tower. It's officially my most favorite castle set ever. I just like the emotions that it brings to the surface...
"The true measure of a hero is not in the greatness of his deeds, it's in the greatness of the deeds he inspires in others"
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

I liked the Wolfpack tower. It had a neat little outpost feel to it. No too big, and not too small.
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

Though I never bought it, I'd have to say the tower. It felt to me like it was the remains of an old castle that was falling apart, and the Wolfpack "inherited." I do wish it was bigger, though.
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

My favorite is the Tower. It was my first offical castle-like set and it is still put together. I know I have a second set of it in sorted into my collection.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
bannear
Artisan

Post by bannear »

I would rank the three in this order Tower, Renegades, Ghost for preference. the Tower has some nice castle pieces to add to a MOC bin, and is by far the most playable for me. The Renegades give you a trusty steed and two figs but I never really like the wagons. I would pass on the Ghost because I have enough already and it doesn't really do much for me.
SirBert
Bert Annear
Bert's Brick's
http://www.BrickLink.com/store.asp?p=bannear
RuthleSs__PaLadin
Apprentice

Post by RuthleSs__PaLadin »

Umgarla wrote:I like none of the wolfpack sets above the best...
I think 6086 is the best "wolfpack" set ever! ;)
I know...even though the wolfpack was a prisoner, for who knows what reason...

DAn
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

The Wolfpack Renegades is an awesome set. I think it was the first one I owned. I had a lotta fun playing with it, thats why I'd have to say that set is my favorite of the Wolfpack faction.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

When the Wolfpack came out, I already had a huge number of horses, wheels, and weapons, so this set bored me greatly. That being said, it was well designed, and is far better than any of the carts that would be released in subsequent years.

Still, I prefer the wolfpack tower. It really isn't a great set by any strech of the imagination, but it did give the Wolfpack a place to stay, and I liked the idea of having a fortress on the water. Its too bad that Lego abandoned these guys the following year.

Later.
Last edited by Blueandwhite on Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.