Citadel of Orlan - An Article

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

So any thought on the next set?

i'd love to see a castle of morcia review!
Rs_Conqueror
Peasant

Post by Rs_Conqueror »

one thing he didn't mention (although I may have missed it) was the fact that the actualy tower really doesn't have much in the way of, well... you know... WALLS!
This seems to be a new castle trend started by the "oh-so-popular" harry potter sets, to make big tall towers with a few accessories in each "room" while using as few pieces as possable for as high a price as they can muster.
After getting this set for christmas (my parents know how much I love castle lego), I really felt cheated, there aren't that many parts in this rather overpriced set, and the majority of them are technic, which are all but useless when it comes to castle building.
Well, I'm done ranting....

~ RS
~ RS
lack of parts = innovation
Rubberchickenknight
Squire

Post by Rubberchickenknight »

good job yaron nice review. i have the set and agree with all your points, but you forgot to mention the grey beard and you only mentioned the frog once. (those two things are my fav parts of the set) and you're right, there's always a falling axe! :lol:
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." - Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

After reading this reveiw and Bens "Quick reaction to the building of the Citadel of Orlan" I just could not wait to get a copy :wink:

Ok, Ok, that's not what really happened. I went to the local Walmart in to the clearance section, I see a 8780 up on the top shelf, I pull it down and scan it. "$10.00" comes up on the display :shock: I look around the clearance area, which is chaotic and disorganized and find 3 more copies stashed in different places. I take these all home for a total of $45.60CAD. I give a copy to my son and a copy to my daughter, the other two are mine.

No way is this set worth full retail, IMO. But there are a lot of bricks in the new greys (which I am becoming more used to) The worst is those JS baseplates.... they would be useful if not for the little pin in each corner. The Gardian and Shadow knight are good. For the price I payed I cannot complain, if you find one on for 1/2 price or less there are enough redeeming qualities to make it worthwhile. I even had fun making Rascus climb the vines (although he kept wanting to fall to his death)
Troy T. Moore