Which official LEGO Castle set do you love most?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Which official LEGO Castle set do you love most?

Post by SavaTheAggie »

For me, I love the King's Castle the most.

Why? One of the few castle sets I never bought, and REALLY want to own.

How about you?

--SavaTheAggie
Last edited by SavaTheAggie on Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Troy
King Mnementh the Bronze
King Mnementh the Bronze

Post by Troy »

I've always liked the Galaxy Eplorer. Like Sava, it was one of the sets that I never had as a kid and always wanted.

Oh wait! This is the CASTLE site! He probably meant which official CASTLE set do you love most! Silly me! :mrgreen:

In that case, I was always fond of the 375 original castle set, which I DID have as a kid! It's neat how it opens up, and everything was build from basic parts! No stinking castle wall pieces here! You even had to build the horses! I will conceed that the newer horses are much cooler for playability though.

Troy
Visit Troy's Surplus LEGO
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

6080 - King's Castle is my favorite castle set of all time. Cool, Sava likes it too! Pretty soon we will have these black falcon fanatics argueing with us :D I had used portions of 375 and I like that as well
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Gotta love the King's Castle...

Post by ottoatm »

Hey guys...

I'm a little new... not sure if this site is even open for newcomers yet, but what the heck...

I have to agree - King's Castle all the way... I actually have two of them, and have them both tucked away... that said, I have to say that if the Black Falcon's Fortress was bigger, it would be a close race, I think they have a little more character to them.

Nice site, btw -
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Black Monarch is the Best

Post by Glencaer »

My personal favorite was the Black Monarch's Castle - altho the Black Falcon's Fortress is a close 2nd.

The BMCastle to me had a more interesting design, interesting color scheme. What struck me most were how it handled that rear towers.. very good design.
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Good call...

Post by ottoatm »

Good call w/ the Black Monarch's castle... a lot of different/unique "architecture" with that set, actually....
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
lar
Villein

Post by lar »

Good first thread for this section!

I have to go with 375. I didn't have it as a kid, there WAS no castle back then, but it's just a classic set and it's all done with basic bricks and small specialty pieces.

I like all the other sets mentioned so far too (plus Blacksmith Shop!!!)... but 375 is best, IMHO.
Tim
Gong Farmer

Post by Tim »

Well, seeing that I'm a tad younger than some of you (and quite a bit younger than lar) ;-) so I wasn't privileged to have a 375 growing up. My one big castle from my childhood is the Black Knight's Castle, http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6086 - so, I suppose that's my favorite :-) It's still (mostly) together, at one point I scavenged it for gray plates, but now I think I have enough I can replace them and restore it to its former glory. :-)

-Tim
medib
Bailiff

favorite castle???

Post by medib »

I've never had either of the King's Castle or
the 375 Yellow Castle, so I can't really comment.

I'd really love a LEGEND King's Castle or a LEGEND
Black Monarch's Castle so there would be more
than just the Black Falcon's Fortress and the
King Leo's Castle available.

So if we were going with favorite castle, I'd
have to go with Black Falcon's Fortress, for
now (if we were going with Castles that we
owned, since I only own an Incomplete
King Leo's Castle, a Blackfalcon's Fortress,
and a Night Lord's Castle.)

I still love the usefull pieces in the Blacksmith Shop.
Great set also.

I like the comparison of the King Leo's Castle vs.
the Midieval Castle Kit (Guarded Inn, Blacksmith
Shop, and Black Falcon's Fortress). Both are the
same price. The kit has over twice as many pieces
and most of which are very usefull for other things
vs. Leo's Castle which has a lot of POOP's and thats
about it... I'm terribly sad to say.

Anyways, nice topic to start off the discussion.

Ben
INTENSS
Freeman

Post by INTENSS »

My favorite set growing up was the Black Falcons Fortress. Then I went through my little "dark ages" of not collecting for about 2 years. I missed the Kings Mountain Fortress and the Forestmen's River Crossing. the KMF was available later on through shop @ home but I had to keep up with the current sets and other hobbies. I finally got the Mountain Fortress on Ebay a couple years back and the River Crossing this past year. (Yes - it took THAT long!). I'd have to say the River Crossing has always been a personal favorite (even not in my possession). Great set design and concept and came with a female Forestman minifig. Man, if I would have had that set when I was younger there would have been some major boats coming down stream gettin pelted by forestmen. :D

-Rich
PeteSWEmpire
Villein

Post by PeteSWEmpire »

My most favorite Lego castle set, was the first one I got as a present when I was younger. Set 677 knight procession. Not the largest of castle sets, but a favorite of mine. Next in line is the 375 yellow castle and then 6080 kings castle. All three of these sets I still have, but the boxes are long gone.

:)
Stephen
Laborer

Post by Stephen »

I would have to go with 6086, Black Knight's Castle. It's the set I've always wished I owned. It had Four mounted knights! (We're talking about the Middle Ages after all.) And two of them had bardings for the horses, armor and visored helmets for the knights. The Dragons are still my favorite faction, although they're rapidly getting outnumbered.
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

It's difficult to choose for me. I have 2 favorite sets but which one is my favorite ?

As everyone, I was influenced by the first one I get. So it's the 6080 King's Castle. It has so many minifigs, and so many possibilities for creation. I got it in christmas 1986.

The other choice is 6066. A very nice set with the forestmens. This is the second set I got, at my 1987 birthday.

6074 is another one I love, but It's not my favorite. I like 6085 too, but I like it least because of his darker style.

Both 6066 and 6080 are my favorite. Maybe one day, i'll be able to choose. :?

hmmm....
bobtrollinger
Gong Farmer

Post by bobtrollinger »

I would have to say 6085 Black Monarch's Castle. Its large, lots of minifigs and it opens up.
The Wolfpack
Gong Farmer

Post by The Wolfpack »

There is much to be said about how great the big castle sets are such as the 6085 and the 6080, but I would also like to put my endorsement on some of the mid-size sets such as the 6054 Forestmen's Hideout. I love this set because relatively old and no other mid-size set currently compares to it's simplicity and realism. The only thing this item lacks is an explanation to how the minifig would get to the top. This set even out-shines the great Wolfpack Tower :(
"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country" -- Nathan Hale

Long live the Wolfpack