Which official LEGO Castle set do you love most?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
RuthleSs__PaLadin
Apprentice

Post by RuthleSs__PaLadin »

Beacuse I am younger and did not get to live through the 80's, I am going to choose 6086 Dungeon Masters Castle (Black Knights Castle). I was only 6 when this set was released and I wanted it alot, but my parents said it was too expensive, so they bought me 6057 Sea serpeant. Even though I wanted 6086 more, I was grateful to get my first lego set 6057.

I would definately like to see this set come back as a Legend. I would not hesitate to buy at least 4 of them.

Dan
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

My altime favorite would have to be the black knights castle.
Alan
good times
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

I'm with you, RP! 6086 as a legend, what a day that will be (Dreaming).........

Well, fingers crossed!
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

6080 is by far the best castle there ever was. No other castle can even began to be as good. The closest one for that is in my opinion 6090.
RuthleSs__PaLadin
Apprentice

Post by RuthleSs__PaLadin »

Webrain wrote:6080 is by far the best castle there ever was. No other castle can even began to be as good. The closest one for that is in my opinion 6090.
How do you determine which set is better? Is it by vote? According to lugnet set DB 6086 has a higher rating than 6080. :o I dont think 6080 is that far better, and there are some castle sets that can be about as good as it. I agree 6080 is a good set, but my favorite in my opinion will always be 6086. If there was a vote on these sets I bet they would be close.

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6086

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6080

I dont mean to sound rude, I'm just putting my opinion.
Dan
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

If we are going by Castle sets, I would say 6077. A forestmen set. If just lego, I would say 6597 Century Skyway, I wanted that set more than any other, but never got it.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Love?

Well then it must be the Knight's Procession. It was my first castle set. That little 12 year old I used to be played with that sets for more hours than any other Lego set before or since. I pored over the catalog with the 375, the Knight's Tourament and so on. I would eventually get them and it was off to the races after that. But for several months that was my only minifig set of any kind. My small lego collection at the time wa changed into every conceivable thing for those guys. Yes there are better sets, but the question here is love.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Jyp
Peasant

Post by Jyp »

My favorite castle set? I don't know...

First knight tournament (383/6083) because it was my first one?
Guarded inn because it is very pretty? [see my avatar!]
Yellow castle for its very nice minifigs [see my avatar!] and because it is less "cheaped made" than other castles?
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

I would have to go with the Black Monarch's Castle. I've wanted it for several years.

I also like the Royal Knight's Castle for its size and baseplate.
cnelson
Laborer

Post by cnelson »

My "Top 10," in no particular order:

6074/10039 Black Falcon's Fortress, because it was the first castle set that I had, the last non-Expert Builder set that I got prior to my Dark Age

6040 Blacksmith Shop, possibly the best small set ever produced by Lego--great forge and anvil, and a pitchfork too

383 Knight's Tournament, build-it-yourself bardings, tricolor & quarters minifigs, the classic visor, and that wonderful tree

6035 Castle Guard, a great army builder and the inspiration for many campaign tents in my castle world, another example of the attention to detail in the old Castle themes

6049 Viking Voyager, a set which really captures the feel of a Viking longboat

6041 Armor Shop, really a "service pack" masquerading as a playable, good-looking set (two words: black sword)

6054 Forestman's Hideout, playable, good-looking, and a nod to the side of medieval life not composed of knights, lords, and castles

6061 Siege Tower, a playable, fun set that looks great because of the slopes on the back of the tower

6062 Battering Ram, re-buildable, six (!) minifigs, wall with tower, great combination of action & building possibilities

6085 Black Monarch's Castle, probably the last of the great large castles
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

The 6086.

I know this set is on a BURP, isn't modular etc. but, The 14 figs and the assortment of pieces make it worthwhile. I am also a side-plume fanatic :D and the set REALLY appeals to me in that sense.