Knights Kingdom set # 5994 "Catapult"

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Count Blockula
Villein

Post by Count Blockula »

Hi!

I was at Target this weekend and they have this year's LEGO Easter basket. Along with the other goodies inside is:

27 pieces, no minifig

Image Image Image Image Image Image

(Here's a link to a page I made with pics of the rest of the stuff it comes with.)

The set is OK. The little crank/turnwheel thing on the side is the part from the Doc Ock minifig. But, it connects to a Technic pin (with no friction), not an axle, so turning it doesn’t actually move the platform – you have to press down on it with your finger if you want to launch a 1x1.

The candy’s good, though. But, don’t eat the chalk! :P
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

It's o.k. if you like catapults :P
That horse head piece could come in handy though.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Sure not worth $20 even with the candy. If it included a minifig it might make a nice little $2-$3 polybag set. The wheels look interesting, though. And just what we need another catapult.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Count Blockula
Villein

Post by Count Blockula »

Athos wrote:The wheels look interesting, though.
They're only available otherwise in black or orange, used as pucks from a couple of the hockey sets. They’re this part here.
Dragonlord Esq.
Reeve

Post by Dragonlord Esq. »

Not including a minifig in ANY castle set is completely ridiculous. A catapult with a horse head? Groan...
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Dragonlord Esq. wrote:Not including a minifig in ANY castle set is completely ridiculous. A catapult with a horse head? Groan...
Of course, depending on your point of view, including a KKII minifig might be considered even MORE ridiculous :P !!

Later.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Not the biggest fan... but lots of cool parts...!
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Experience tells: Sets like this will not be available in Germany. And I already hate TLC in advance for this :-)
Not that I'm particularly fond of this model, but I'm a collector after all...

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
Rubberchickenknight
Squire

Post by Rubberchickenknight »

well, i read your account on it on your site and i really want the red bow! :D :D
back on topic, it does contain a horse helmet and the turny thing, but alas no figs and the rest of the thing is just the standard lego catupult. i don't think it is worth $20 :?
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." - Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Re: Knights Kingdom set # 5994 "Catapult"

Post by footsteps »

Count Blockula wrote: Image Image
Nice background photos! :wink: Very appropriate.

How much did the set cost?

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Count Blockula
Villein

Post by Count Blockula »

The set itself isn't worth $20. Heck, all the items combined probably aren't worth near to $20. But, these holiday gift baskets are always overpriced. The idea is so that last minute shoppers can run to the store and pick up a pre wrapped collection of small toys and candy for a child and save themselves some legwork. The stores know the shoppers are desperate, so they jack up the price. That's business! :D

But, in my opinion, the real gem of this set is the brown wheel -- the four of them. I'm hoping LEGO will start to use this (the hockey puck) in more of the castle sets. But, for now, this little sets that “isn’t worth $20” is the only way to get them. And, I bet there'd be someone on BrickLink or Ebay that'd pay me $20 for the set if sold it. :D Don't get me wrong, there's no way I'd ever sell this, or the second one I got, either. I might even pick up the other couple at the store, too, take out the LEGO, chuck in a stuffed animal, and give them to my little cousins for Easter. :wink:
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

Count Blockula wrote:I might even pick up the other couple at the store, too, take out the LEGO, chuck in a stuffed animal, and give them to my little cousins for Easter. :wink:
So, is the catapult the only Lego item in the pack?

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)