I like the factions in KKI better
5%
I like earlier factions better
95%

Total votes: 41

Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

Tedward: Your faction looks like it's made up of jesters :P just kidding...

Anyways, Ezehogan is right in his own way and Rosh is right in his. No need to argue about it :) Oh Jojo, everybody makes mistakes :P
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

This poll is unfair. It's like your trying to make the KKI seem like the worst faction ever. It was great with its mega detailed figs, its just not the best ever.

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
jens
Lord

Post by jens »

I don't really dislike any faction. Of course I like the Black Falcons, the Forest men and the Wolfpack most, but the KKI-theme I like too. The Bulls seemse to be a kind of robbery-knights, the Lions are the needed "brave's".

I know many of you don't like the KKI-theme. But I've tried to use this cannons for a little moc:

I hope some of you like it.

regards,
jens
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Dragon Master wrote:This poll is unfair. It's like your trying to make the KKI seem like the worst faction ever. It was great with its mega detailed figs, its just not the best ever.

DM
Have you been reading the thread?

Look the posts of Rosh.Gonff, who created it. I think you will see that he has been (naively, in my opinion) trying very hard to persuade other people that King Leo's Men and the Bull Knights were the best factions.

Personally, I would say that there is scarcely a person here, if anybody, who would deny that KK1 had perhaps the best overall figs of any faction- or at least a contender for that title. However, I don't think that anyone really considers the design of the KK1 sets to be up to snuff with the Dark Forest or older themes.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Hmm... well, I didn't take Rosh.G's poll to be something of a tactic to convince us of liking KK1, i think he was just looking to see if anyone else liked it too, and it almost seemed like a bit of a peace offering (in my perception) after something of a heated debate that was set off in an earlier thread... well, I'd like to think anyway.

In any event, I agree, the figs are cool, the sets are not.

Jens... that war elephant is Friggin' awesome! I have to know... what sets did you use for that? The elephant from orient expedition, the KK1 cannons... bionicle? Well, anyway, that is sweet! If Lego came out with a faction like that, I would welcome it with open arms!
Tedward
Your faction is sweet... kind of reminds me of scotland... but maybe cause I'm a little biased (being scottish-irish). Anyway, I do think it captures the "grit" of medevil life - like the site too.
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

ottoatm wrote: Your faction is sweet... kind of reminds me of scotland... but maybe cause I'm a little biased (being scottish-irish). Anyway, I do think it captures the "grit" of medevil life - like the site too.
Thanks! :D At some point I want to see if I can do decals in the same red/black split but as soccer jerseys (with numbers) for a modern "faction" 8)
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Formendacil wrote: Have you been reading the thread?
Nope.
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Infyrana
Villein

Post by Infyrana »

I still love all the classic castle figures. They are perhabs not the most realistic but then any two inch plastic knight can't be that realistic. After that I think both the black falcons and the forest men are really cool.
Best regards, Infyrana
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

classic castle figures
Kinda cool to see someone cast a vote for the ol classics...

I think if the sets were expanded and more readily available, with the factions more clearly seperated from each other, many more would do the same...
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

I hold the KKI factions in high regard. In fact Ithink they are only second to the Dragon Masters.

The highly detailed figs is the clue to the success, I could (almost) even live with the fact that many of the KKI sets were less thought through...

Joel.
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Rosh.Gonff
Apprentice

Post by Rosh.Gonff »

ezehogan to answer your question and anyone elses

i dont cast any merit on how a set is built because i tear apart any set i get and make my own stuff with it. so sets dont really matter to me.
im not trying to convince people that kKI is better, i jsut was curious. yes it is a sort of peace offering, sorry for the earlier argument.
Gonff Prince of Mousethieves

You say you will fight to the last man. I have more last men then you
ed_dotcom
Laborer

Post by ed_dotcom »

I suppose it goes without saying that we enjoy the Factions we grow up with. I love the "Classic Castle" Factions...Black Falcons, Crusaders, Black Knights, Forestmen, etc. I have many of the KKI minifigs & sets, but they will never fill the my mind with the fond memories and love I have for the Factions I grew up with... to each his own I suppose...

Life is Good.
i am ed & i'm a LEGOholic.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=edeevo]Bricklink Store.[/url]
[url=http://shop.ebay.com/edeevo/m.html?_nkw=&_a ... ksid=p3686]eBay.[/url]
Rosh.Gonff
Apprentice

Post by Rosh.Gonff »

i grew up with KKI, so maybe thats why i like it better

Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Rosh.Gonff wrote:I grew up with KKI, so maybe that's why I like it better.
Could well be...

I know that a lot of the "old" (in LEGO-user terms) members of this site tend to very much dislike the Dragon Masters, which were (admittedly, to me) something of a letdown after the previous themes, but users for whom this was the stuff they got started on, it was (and still is) great stuff.

I imagine that in five-ten years or so, we'll be seeing a lot more newbies who fondly remember KK1 as a great type, the "Classic" Castle of their lives. Once introduced to the older types, they'll probably be quick to appreciate them, but that doesn't mean a downfall in their appreciation for KK1 any more than the Dragon Masters for the DM-users.

That is, of course, assuming that there are new LEGO-fans still being attracted in five-ten years.... :?
Rosh.Gonff
Apprentice

Post by Rosh.Gonff »

as far as sets go hte older ones are better designed
but i dont keep any sets together so it doesnt really matter to me