Weekly Set Review: Knight's Arsenal

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

I was really happy with this set when I was growing up. I had two 6022 Horse Carts, and the addition of this wagon allowed me to have a larger caravan of troops and wagons on their way to sack the Black Falcons. I really didn't think much about the space hoses over the top, I was happy with a second cart.

Now, I would never recreate this set. It doesn't come even close to the beautiful 6022 set. Still, it brings back fond memories!
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Not a bad set, but not a good set. I'm not sure what the purpose of the bendy tube parts is, and the old-style plate print is one of my least favorite torso designs. 5/10.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Norro
Councilor

Post by Norro »

This was the first set I ever bought used... I liked the hoses and thought it had a nice 'supply convoy' look... It hinted at what lego could do as a great set: a field forge...

God Bless,

Nathan
Thrall1138
Freeman

Post by Thrall1138 »

I kind of like it, you get a horse, some weapons, and the cart almost looks functional!

:D :D :D :) /5
My Brickshelf Gallery: [url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Thrall1138[/url]
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Not a bad set. Quite frankly I can't see whats wrong with it. Its got a fairly good weapons selection (I am not opposed to using those small axes), a horse (even if it is a white one), and a good fig. I like the fact that the fig has no specific design. It leaves the option of a different faction, which is something most soilders lack.

I think it is kinda neat to have a weapons wagon. I mean, in real armys there were wagons with this perpose. I don't own the set, but I have seen one up close and I can't see whats bad with it. Personally I like it.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
quiksand
Peasant

Post by quiksand »

Yeah. Not the best of sets. Not even close. Even the soilder was a poor design choice.

4/10
Why do you need all those minifigs? You'll poke your eye out!
wizardnoob28
Apprentice

Post by wizardnoob28 »

it's a great set if you want to show your minifigs going to battle, or to use them as supply wagons, but the overall structure is bad.

5/10
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Its a nice little cart. I like the carts, because it gives something for the peasants to do (since they don't have any farms or workshops, they just drive carts around all day). Nice generic soldier with some extra weapons, a horse, wheels, and some bricks thrown in to boot. Where are sets like this nowadays?

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

since they don't have any farms or workshops, they just drive carts around all day)
Agreed! :? TLC never seemed to graduate above carts... I guess that's a source of some of the frustration for some members... which makes sense. Oh well, thank goodness for bricklink. 8)
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

Not a bad set, but there are definitely better ones around. That said, I'd prefer this one to 5994, hands down.
Blue Monarch
Bailiff

Post by Blue Monarch »

I loved this set as a kid. In retrospect, it doesn't live up to how I remembered it. I never really liked that torso (in any color). I liked how the bendy things moved (and were almost nearly indestructable!).
The term "Hobby" allows you to explain to your relatives why you still play with toys...
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

Yeah, what everyone's said is basically my take on the set too.

I wanted one to have to help complete my collection of older castle sets, but it's not my favorite design. I hve to say I kinda admire the designers for trying something new with the hose parts (I think they are supposed to be supports for a canopy!). While it didn't quite give that effect completely, I don't mind have this set at all.

I would have liked to see a lion or axe torso design, but hey, mix'n'match people! Oh, and the extra axes I like...alot!

If this were to be out now I'm sure a bunch of us would buy it for the fig and accessories alone, so...
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

ottoatm wrote:Hmm... well, I guess I will take the less popular side of these reviews, because I really like this cart. I like the pipes, or whatever they are on the top, it gives it a rustic look... does that make sense? I dunno... this cart is different than the rest to me - it looks very utilitarian and not so flashy - I can see it going through the ranks of a Crusader army arming the soldiers as they prepare for battle. :)

8/10
Never worry about the least popular view as long as you think its right. We always have the choice to take the road not traveled.

I liked this set as back then I was coming out of a dark age. It reminded me of a a knight starting out in the kingdom with little to his name but some armor, shield, and some weapons plus a good horse to help move his stuff. Not every knight will have the funds for an elaborate carriage, kind of like your first car. Not everyone can afford a Ford GT-40 or Dodge Viper right off the bat.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
evilnailman
Peasant

Post by evilnailman »

I bought this last year from eBay for completeness. I can't say I thought it was amazing. I prefer the 6010 supply wagon to this. Like several of the carts from that period the size seems wrong, they are too small to transport good ala a wagon and are built wrong to carry passengers. IMHO the best carts of the time are the maiden's carriage and the prisoner convoy, although this is one of the sets that I seem to have lost in my recent house move :cry:

Matt
jokkna
Goat Brigade

Post by jokkna »

Could be worse could be better. I really like those small axes because not everybody would have afforded those great big axes. so when farmers and bakers and fishers were called to war they just took their small axes they used for woodcutting and went to war for their king. but i agree that the cart could have been bigger.

Ég er áhugamaður ekki atvinnumaður