Weekly Set Review: Knight's Arsenal

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Ben the lego king
Apprentice

Post by Ben the lego king »

hi guys

I like this set some what. I like the peaceis the axe the arce and the horse. I dont have this set and I wish I did. over all I give it a 8/10
KKI is the best KKI is the best
Shoes
Laborer

Post by Shoes »

I would have rather had 2 more swords than than 2 hatchets but oh well, Man And weapons (plus horse :)) For 5 bucks Sure lego didnt do too bad.
When life gives you lemons... Throw 'em back and demand for chocolate!

Fact: I'm faster than 80% of all snakes
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Post by leaf_of_lire »

Shoes wrote:For 5 bucks Sure lego didnt do too bad.

Too bad that $5 back then would be $10-$15 now, stupid inflation :? ...

Anyways, this was a great set, great source of white horses, figs and weapons. I'd give this set a 8 1/2 /10
babyjawa
Steward

Post by babyjawa »

I like this little set, of course I never got it... :P Stinkin' good themes had to be made way back when.
My life is based on a true story.
Shoes
Laborer

Post by Shoes »

babyjawa wrote:I like this little set, of course I never got it... :P Stinkin' good themes had to be made way back when.
The people got a lego got lazy and created Fright Knights, And Then They made KK1 *shudders*

Its just so sloppy
When life gives you lemons... Throw 'em back and demand for chocolate!

Fact: I'm faster than 80% of all snakes
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Personally, I really like this set. It seems to exemplify Classic Castle at it's best.
Shoes wrote:Then They made KK1 *shudders*
Ahh, you are refering to the best line of all, at least in regards to the minifigs.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

kelderic wrote:Ahh, you are refering to the best line of all, at least in regards to the minifigs.
I'm guessing he meant to write KK2? :)

It was interesting to see what I wrote about this set 2 years ago, and nice to see that some of the newer opinions are quite favorable towards this set. I'm glad for that, as this set remains in my "favorable" realm.

Nice little guy, neat cart/axes... there are all kinds of applications for this set in a huge Crusader army... heck, he could even be the cooks supply wagon! :P
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

I like the idea of having space tubes in this set to serve as a cover for the wagon. A decent little set with a nice selection of weapons. An extra horse is always nice to have!
LEGO --- Impossible is Nothing.
arc
Peasant

Post by arc »

Oh man I still have the blue piece which hitches the horse to the cart from this set and a couple of the "pipes".

This is one of the sets I actually really played with a LOT. I used to let the Black Knights capture the soldier and then order his hanging or beheading, and then I'd attempt to build his execution sight. The Wolf Pack guys make really sweet executioners. Man I was a weird kid.

That blue piece fascinates me to this day, I still have it. I used that piece to build airplanes and space ships and cars and carts and everything else.

But overall design, yeah from an ALE perspective, it's not that exciting nor is it just gods awful.
PunkRockCowboy
Apprentice

Post by PunkRockCowboy »

Eh, it's a bit bland for me. I like carts and stuff, but this set really doesn't have any things that truly warrant its purchase. It doesn't even have a shield.

5/10