Weekly Set Review: Fright Force

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
darkstarsk8er327
Villein

Post by darkstarsk8er327 »

this is a great army builder and i specificly like the fact that it comes with a few weapons and shields u can use for other things as well
Tanotrooper
Gentleman

Post by Tanotrooper »

Ah, I still remember that day... My dad used to take us to an old toyshop, and it had a small display in the front of the store with all kinds of small lego sets. I never saw a set with only figs before, so I got it, and I was surprised about the set not having much bricks in it :D

I had no use for Willa, as magic didn't exist :P (except for dragons) I lost the wand quickly though... Loved the trans clear head.

The soldier with the hallberd didn't appeal to me yet, but he has certainly grown on me. The detailed torso is superb and the bullet helmet is really nice.

The "goat" soldier... I threw his face away immediatly :P Loved the helmet, and was suprised that I got extra plumes. Lost that sword rather quick though... and the feathers snapped of, leaving the red remain still in the plume hole :P Love the shield and torso.

And of course, the batlord. Horse, shiny silver (and after a while ugly milky white yellowish thing) sword, large shield, bathelmet, Floris face...

I kept the helmet on :D

Overall, a very nostalgic set, it was great to build a castle around the figures, as they had various accesoires to make it really medieval.

TT
my brickshelf gallery:
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Tanotrooper[/url]

Please take a look at my TTfigs:
[url]http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... 7&start=15[/url]
Brikbud
Serf

Post by Brikbud »

Just what we need... more Fright Knights.... :mrgreen:
Vilmar
Villein

Re: Weekly Set Review: Fright Force

Post by Vilmar »

Lame. Why get an army builder with a willia? I do like the bat lord helmet. Cut of the wings and you get a crusader helmet. (as in real crusaders, not the lions)
Vilmar the Drow lord
DerBum
Laborer

Re: Weekly Set Review: Fright Force

Post by DerBum »

Well the overall line was one of the reasons I went into my dark age. I didnt buy a single set from this line, although my brother bought a few before he called it quits with these guys. I think this would be a good set for a kid to get a reasonable selection of these guys (if they were interested). You get all the important people without having to buy a number of larger sets. This does allow the kid to make their own castle and have a ready made army to populate it, which isnt a bad idea in concept. The fright knights had some very cool torsos, I use some for mercenary troops. Willa is a loser all around, terrible figure, terrible idea... another foot soldier would have been a better idea.