Knight's Challenge
19%
Forestmen's Crossing
11%

Total votes: 124

Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

What does AFOLs mean? Sorry, but I've only been in the CC for what, almost 2 months? And you guys keep say abrievations. Example, LURPS, BURPS, POOPS, and others.

To stay on topic, if the Kings castle dosen't become a Legend then I hope the tournament set does. A great set for people like me with no classic castle sets.

Graynar
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

AFOL: Adult Fan Of Lego
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Graynar wrote:Sorry, but I've only been in the CC for what, almost 2 months?
"Joined: 26 Jul 2005" That makes one month. And 288 posts. Formendacil, watch out! :-)

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

The mighty Jojo wrote:
Oops, I should really pay attention to those things. :oops:

Graynar
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

Graynar wrote:The mighty Jojo wrote:
Oops, I should really pay attention to those things. :oops:

Graynar
Hehehe you joined only a couple of days before I did. But how many more posts you posted! You are a posting machine!
More on-topic, I grew up with the forest people in catalogues, but I still think that the dragon masters and black knights are much superior to the forest people.
Mostly because the design and detail of these sets excel above all others.
Last edited by Nick on Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
mister_e
Villein

Post by mister_e »

I voted for King's Castle mainly just because I'm a sucker for the bigger castles. But I would welcome ANY of the suggested sets as they were all great!
venvorskar
Bailiff

Post by venvorskar »

I voted King's Castle, because of all the grey pieces. My second choice would be the Camouflaged Outpost, for all the forest bricks.
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

There are alot of nice sets here!

Having said that, Knight's Challenge stands above the rest. Not because it is necessarily the best set here, but because it is easily the most unique. While castles and fortresses have come and gone, LEGO has not released a set like this in some time! I mean, when is the last time we've seen an everyday event depicted like this (and I don't mean King Mathius watching the battle of the Trojan Mini-Horse)?

This set is absolutely COLOURFUL!!! Most Castle sets suffer from a sort of monotony. They simply look too similar. The Knight's Challenge reminds me that there is more to medieval life than castles and dungeons. I would hope a new generation of fans could experience something like this set.

Many AFOLs have built countless MOCs depicting the day-to-day life of a medieval minifig. This is something LEGO rarely focuses on. The thing is, I know I will see a new castle or fortress next year. I'm pretty sure I won't see a set like this again.

At least that's my take on the situation.

Later.
Patron of the lego
Archer

Post by Patron of the lego »

Honestly I perfer the battering ram, since if you buy two of them you get a decent castle outpost with a decent siege force. But if you buy four of them you will get 942 pieces with 24 soilders!
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Wow, this is an old topic. However, now that it is here, I must say it is a pity that there will be no more legends. :?

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Poonagi
Serf

Post by Poonagi »

out of curiosity... didn't the legends re-releases do REALLY well? speaking specifically about black falcon's, the inn, and the blacksmith shop of course. i remember the sets being constantly sold out and back ordered when they were available...

seems like it would be a financially smart move to bring back 1 or 2 legends a year, from a business perspective.
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Poonagi wrote:seems like it would be a financially smart move to bring back 1 or 2 legends a year, from a business perspective.
If I remember correctly, it wasn't feasible because many old pieces aren't being made anymore and it was too expensive to start making them again. But, who knows? That could change at any time.

They also never told us if the Legends were big sellers or not. Unfortunately, Lego almost never releases sales data. I can only remember once, when they told us that the Harry Potter castle was the highest selling set ever, or something like that.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

Although I love King's Castle, I voted for Knight's Tournament simply because LEGO doesn't make a set of that style or quality anymore.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

If I remember correctly, it wasn't feasible because many old pieces aren't being made anymore and it was too expensive to start making them again. But, who knows? That could change at any time.
Well, the Durmstrang had the black Falcon shields. The nose piece helm is still in production, as is euro armour and the old visors. And we have crossbows and the old swords, and the halberds and axes. I don't really see why more Legends couldn't be put into production, and I think it's a terrible shame we won't be seeing any more of them.

- Matt
Lord Felix
Landlord

Post by Lord Felix »

I voted for the Camoflage Outpost because of the large amount of figures, and the fact that it is a great set. I wouldn't vote for the armor shop because it contains all those rare pieces that would become half the value of what they are now.
On the other hand, I would like a black sword or two :lol:

I also like Kings Castle, but I am kind of tied between the two.

PS: WOW this post was made a few years ago!
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Dandin]Brickshelf[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8499398@N07/]Flickr[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/candlemusic]My Band: Candle[/url]