Weekly Set Review: [Dragon Master's Chariot]

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
The Hordesman
Merchant

Post by The Hordesman »

FUBU wrote:i don't know if anyone else has said this as i didnt read page 2 but the brown horse and blue saddlery look out of place in a dragonmasters set.
Brown is almost standard for them. I doubt anyone cares about the horses' color as long as it drags the chariot, Dragonmasters arent snobs.
[url=http://s14.invisionfree.com/brick_central/index.php?act=idx]Brick Central[/url]
[url=http://s13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World.php?act=idx]Castle World, for your Lego castle stories![/url]
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

I can just imagine a wave of these things smashing into a tightly packed horde of soldiers...
Me too! It is of great play value to kids, especially if they have many of these. I would also like to get several (about 10, I suppose) of these, but I can't find it in ebay, or on bricklink. Oh well, it wasn't released very widely, as others have said.
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Re: Weekly Set Review: [Dragon Master's Chariot]

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

One of the last sets I bought before my dark age. I loved the DM series. A great theme and loads of fun. I had two of these and remember thinking how cool it was. I think I ended up using a driver and archer in it though.

Nice set. For it's price great actually.

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
mrkovach
Apprentice

Post by mrkovach »

Dragon Masters rule!
This would be a good army builder to me.
This looks like a great set
^You should be more concerned with what's written above^
Old_School_Fan
Laborer

Post by Old_School_Fan »

I actually really like this set. One of the cool features is that the halberds fold out so that they can dismember all who stand before it! I was lucky enough to get one off of ebay and it looks great in front of a nice Dragon Knight force.
Last edited by Old_School_Fan on Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/7893418@N03/]My Flickr[/url]
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

The most chariot-like of all the cart sets. Much better than some of the other stupid sets that have been passed off as chariots. Its a small set, but I like it. I liked it even more since it came with a little pirate fort. I'm not real fond of the helmet, since I have too many of them, but other than that, what more can you ask for in such a small set?

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Old School,

Ah I had forgot about that aspect of it. I loved how the halbards came down to cut down enemy troops... very sinister looking as well.

Heir
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

I had forgotten the way that was designed until today when I reviewed this set. It seems as if back then it was a great design, but since recent years of not pointing all studs UP, it really looks like a small stone fort with wooden wheels pulled by a horse. If I had an update it would be more SNOT-y.

Blast from the past score = 7
Modern retro-spection score = 4

The Dragon Master is my least favorite minifigure design, they seem so lacking in armor. More of a barbarian horde akin to the Bulls thinks me.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
gormadoc1
Artisan

Post by gormadoc1 »

I think that this ia quite a good small set although I only follow the dragon master sets with majisto in but I like the minifig and chariot. :)
There can be no triumph without loss,
no victory without suffering,
no freedom without sacrifice.
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

CB,

I don't know... some people have gotten way to 'snot'ty for to my likings. :roflol:

Honestly though. I think snot has a place but I still like a well built standart chariot etc.