6087 - Witch's Magic manor

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Webrain
Journeyman

6087 - Witch's Magic manor

Post by Webrain »

Hi everybody,

Here is a question that bothers me for a long time. I'm not really sure that anyone here knows the answer but I'll have it a go anyway.

6087 appears in the most of the catalogs from 1997/8 in that form:

When I bought that set I got:

As you can see I red circled the diffrence between the two sets. (Holy Megablocks, what in the world going on there in the back of the picture from the catalog)

Is TLC ever produced the set in the other form, cause I never saw it on the internet. Is anyone has that set in it's other form?

Why the differences between the two?

P.S. Ben here's a new challange for Jojo
Dada
Freeman

Post by Dada »

Hello

Myself, I never had this unit but I think that that must be an error in the catalogue (as for the office of Dumbleudor where we can see a phoenix)
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

I doubt this set was ever delivered in the shape the catalogue shows. I can't even make out the black thingie at the rear. Maybe it's some failure from the fototaking session for the catalogue that afterwards wasn't edited properly.

The difference at the gate probably is one of those errors that often appear when sets are edited having already fotos taken for the catalogues. Keep in mind the blue visor in the 375-pictures or the wrong legs of the figs in 6067 that are even shown in the picture on the instructions.

There are also known differences between catalogue pic and real model for some other sets. For example the little Dino 7000 ( http://www.1000steine.de/users/brickset ... 7000-1.jpg ) was shown with sandgreen corner slopes in the catalogue but never released this way.

Bye
Jojo

Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

Now that mantioned it, I remember the problem with 6067
and the fact that many pictures of that sets did not include one of the minifigs

and also there was an HP 4731 that in some of the pictures the hair was wrongs

I guess you're right
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

....sooo, what are the chances that the armour and swords in the KK line that is due out this summer will be dark grey instead of multicolored, based on the history of early paphlet/catalogues not accurately depicting these sets? :P :P :D :wink:
Troy T. Moore
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
Troy T. Moore wrote:....sooo, what are the chances that the armour and swords in the KK line that is due out this summer will be dark grey instead of multicolored, based on the history of early paphlet/catalogues not accurately depicting these sets?
Pray, my son!

Bye
Jojo