Weekly Set Review: Fright Knight's Catapult

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Shadow
Squire

Post by Shadow »

This set seems to have a unique design, although the fig isn't the best. The use of the cup for the catapault (excuse the spelling) is cool as well as the wheels you can tote it around on. I'm not really a fan of the bat dudes, but for its price, it isn't that bad.

6/10
Kanduu
Laborer

Post by Kanduu »

This seems like a basic really little set. Not that intriguing, and it's Fright Knights, which is never really a good thing.

I'm also kinda wondering why some of you are excited about the 2x4 piece. I'm assuming that it's only because the other parts aren't that interesting. :wink: I'd say the pot and wheels look to be the best parts.
"Go Pokes!" :)
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

Just another one of those old little sets we never see anymore.

I'd buy these today, but not back then. It's not too bad, can't go too wrong with a little set like this one. Cart could come in handy though.

And why does the bat lord have no weapons?

Graynar
Tanotrooper
Gentleman

Post by Tanotrooper »

i think its the fright knights' cook. He pulls his cart everywhere and then pull of his pot to cook something for the soldiers. OR

he fires some rocks, sees the enemy coming, he takes the pot, aand he smashes every knight with the pot! :D
my brickshelf gallery:
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Tanotrooper[/url]

Please take a look at my TTfigs:
[url]http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... 7&start=15[/url]
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Tanotrooper wrote:i think its the fright knights' cook. He pulls his cart everywhere and then pull of his pot to cook something for the soldiers. OR

he fires some rocks, sees the enemy coming, he takes the pot, aand he smashes every knight with the pot! :D
Ha ha ha ha -

Now this is an interpretation I can respect. :-D

I think this set is fine, for what it is (like most of the Fright Knight sets). I often find myself saying "Army Builder" during a review of Fright Knights, and that seems to be because most of the sets were just that... the Fright Force, the Traitor Transport, and all these little Shell packs.

Such army builders have given me a healthy horde, so I rate this one as "average" overall simply for that contribution.
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Sigh, yet another tiny Fright Knight set. Hopefully, this will be the last.

The point of this set is lost on, like the others of its kind. Why it the batlord, the leader, pushing some kind of cooking devise? The whole thing looks rather top heavy and there aren't even any pieces to make it worth buying.

About the only thing in its favour is that it doesn't shoot flames, rather those 1x1 yellow round plates.

All in all, a ugg set.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

Why? I like the fright knights mostly, apart from that vile flying machine. Although, I suppose they made too many minor sets and not enough large sets for this theme.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Nick wrote:
Why?
Because, they made way too many, pointless little, uninspired little sets like this. One or two would be okay, but no more. But lets not sidetrack the thread.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

I agree,
they made too many minor sets and not enough large sets for this theme.
, as I said.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Wasn't this another one of those Shell sets that you could get for $1.29 with a fill up (and gas didn't cost $3.00 a gallon)? (Checking Lugnet) Yeah, it was one of a set of three you could get at shell. I got a few of these, but only when they ran out of the 2538 sets that had the more interesting and unique torso print. For all the whining about these sets, I gotta say I wish that there were a set of Shell Viking sets with the exact same nonsense so I could get the figs.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Wilod King
Serf

Posty Post

Post by Wilod King »

No sir I don't like it :? (aagh catapults everywhere). I don't have it, but it looks somewhat good for parts. I don't have anything from this line, but I like the fig, torso and such, but one does not need so many bat helmets. The torso's cool though.
Wilod, King of the Dilods, Destroyer of Worlds. A.K.A. Psychoboy, Ruler of the Unknown Universe, and Cheese
dragonblade24
Apprentice

Post by dragonblade24 »

Its a decent set but i think it could have been better by adding a little bit more to the set. and i dont get why batlords pushing the catapult of all other knights. :?
1. work!
2. work harder!
3. When all else fails.....BUILD LEGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we fly to victory!' said the dragon king.
Aharown
Apprentice

Post by Aharown »

Hmm, not much more to add, except that I missed this when it was out. (Perhaps it wasn't out in Canada).

No great loss, although if I did happen to be at a gas station and they had a Lego promo going on, I would have certainly picked up a few.

Nice fig & parts, as others have said.
<><
King of the West
emoticon patrol

Post by King of the West »

Its sort of pathetic that this is one of the best Fright Knight sets...
3/5
I am the Ruler of The Western Lands. All shall bow before me!
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

I'm pretty sure sets like this formed the public opinion about the Fright Knights theme as a whole. That’s not fair, though. Such little impulse sets are meant to promote a theme (or Shell for that matter) by displaying one of the core figures along with something to build. This something often is ..erm.. close to absurd. In this case it’s only half as absurd as the Batwing Flyer 2539, insofar as a catapult is more believable than any flying machine. However, it’s ugly.
King of the West wrote:Its sort of pathetic that this is one of the best Fright Knight sets...
No, it isn’t. Neither partswise nor figurewise nor in regard to the model. The Fright Knights are clearly underrated. This theme came with some of the worst sets in the history of Lego Castle (until then), but it also had great figs (yeah! don’t mind Willa!) and good models with great parts.

Bye
Jojo
(The devil’s advocat)