Weekly Set Review: Dacta Castle Set

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

CAI wrote:I wonder what this cost....has a nice few minifigs and horses.
On a price per piece calculation -- high ($63.50 for 321 pieces). I got this several years ago, for slightly less than 'retail'. In retrospect, the 'having the set' did not live up to the 'wanting the set'.

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

But remember it was $63.50 to the general public. Because it was a Dacta set educators would have gotten a sufficient discount.

To the general public it probably wasn't worth the price. But if you were a teacher, it probably was.
Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
"The Gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good." - Manowar
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Jojo wrote:This set is quite good for some parts and quite bad for models. Half of the parts, however, ain't too great, either.
I agree with this sentiment all the way. It seems a bit pointless, although I guess a teacher might think otherwise. I'd buy it if I saw it simply because I collect, but that really is the only reason. I guess it's good for parts and what-not, but I think it might be a bit overpriced. Nothing to write home about, in my opinion...
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Ristridin
Bailiff

Post by Ristridin »

Nice set, only its a pitty that there arent much small(normal) bricks, but overall it`s a nice set in my oppinion.
I think the castle on the picture is yust a example of what you can build with this set.
Its great it isnt a knights kingdom set, I don`t like that theme.

Ristridin.