Dragon Masters

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

I am not particularly fond of the name "Majisto." I could just hear a group of little kids shouting out "Oh, here comes Oom Majisto, with his bag of gifts and hat full of tricks!" That's the problem with LEGO naming their characters. When you don't get cool names like "Vladek," you get very dumb names (there was a Pirate named "Tattoo McGoo.")
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

He he Tattoo McGoo :D

Any way:
As I remember it arround here the wizard of the Dragon Masters never got a name he was and for me will allways be
The Wizard

Another thing though, Who is the leader of the Dragon Masters? Is it the wizard or the allready mentioned guy in cape and two colored legs? I allways thought it was the last one and that the wizard was marely his advisor, but in the, I think, 1995 catalog we see the wizard lead the DM´s attack on King Leos castle...

Any thoughts?
I'm back, and so is Castle!
gormadoc1
Artisan

Re: Dragon Masters

Post by gormadoc1 »

I always loved majisto but it took a little longer for me to like the knights but know I think they ae one of the best castle factions ever. :D . And I definetley agree... MAJISTO IS THE MAN! :D .

...gormadoc1
There can be no triumph without loss,
no victory without suffering,
no freedom without sacrifice.
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

I do not know if TLC made one leader over the other. I tended to use the wizards and knights as equals with two leaders of either groups who always vied for power...

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
DraconisTerrena
Apprentice

Post by DraconisTerrena »

I think it was poorly received because it was a break from the sets and themes that had come before it. With the exception of the ghost, Dragon Masters was Lego's first excursion into fantasy. Personally, I liked the DMs a lot. I had more of them than any other set (although this was as much a matter of time as preference), and I still use elements from DM in MOCs. And even if folks don't like DM, it set us up for the current fantasy-rich line.
"A warrior is always joyful because his love is unalterable and his beloved, the earth, embraces him and bestows upon him inconceivable gifts."
-- Don Juan, Tales of Power by Carlos Castaneda