Lego Factions

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products

Which is your favorite Lego castle faction?

Black Falcons
30%
Dragon Masters
5%
Royal Knights
7%
Bulls
5%
Forestman
18%
Fright Knight
No votes
Black Knights
12%
Lion Knights
11%
Wolfpack
7%
Other
6%

Total votes: 84

Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

The Falcons are my favorite. But the old Crusaders (Lion Knights) are always the heroes of my Castle adventures. Royal Knights, Black Monarchs, King Leo, Forestmen, and Wolfpack are all generally good factions in my world. The Dragon Masters and Frightnights are one faction in my world. And the Falcons are allied with the good side, but only halfheartedly and are deviously seeking to rule, if they can. Someday I hope to write a history (ala Ikros et al) to more fully explain.

Steve
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

You do that, Athos, the more stories the better!!

Lego-castle-inspired fantasy is the literary genre of the future :wink: I myself have tried too and the result? Well the swedish-teachers liked it...

Any way, nobody seems to care very much for the Fright-knights, but are they really that bad? I can agree that the falcons and the lions etc. are better looking and more realistic, but if you want a real BAD guy in a game-o-castle, they do good service, plus they´ve got fleur-de-lis coat-of-arms at least on their clothes.
I'm back, and so is Castle!
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

kajo163 wrote:You do that, Athos, the more stories the better!!

Lego-castle-inspired fantasy is the literary genre of the future :wink: I myself have tried too and the result? Well the swedish-teachers liked it...

Any way, nobody seems to care very much for the Fright-knights, but are they really that bad? I can agree that the falcons and the lions etc. are better looking and more realistic, but if you want a real BAD guy in a game-o-castle, they do good service, plus they´ve got fleur-de-lis coat-of-arms at least on their clothes.
The Fright Knights have three pretty good torsos going for them:

Fluted Breastplate: a big improvement over the classic printed breastplate.

Gambeson: the gray padded armor with fleur-de-lis. This was a very common armor for foot soldiers to have and is a great "everyman" factionless troop.

Banded Mail: Well, really metal circles not laid out in a true banded fashion, but again, a good factionless armor.

I can't quite figure out what Lego intended with the red torso - splint mail? Sticker bait, or bad-guys-get-ugly-armor syndrome, take your pick. The less said about Willa, the better. The overly specific but modifier's delight bat helmet.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

TwoTonic Knight wrote:The less said about Willa, the better.
In my opinion Willa is not that bad. It's not a everyday person but her body and even her head are useful for special purposes. This dentist picture is cool:

Bye
Jojo

gerkenz
Peasant

again - 'cause posted wrong.

Post by gerkenz »

My vote: Lion Knights....but of course the "crusaders" with the blue or yellow shield - not the "lion-headed" ones :)
Hmmm... I think they are more a kind of classic than lions or ? :oops:

Because:
- Lions and Tigers: allways my favorite animals.
- my zodiac sign: lion
- the set design of the crusaders are very cool 6080, 6081 etc.
----
see ya,
Kai
Anonym0us
Villein

Post by Anonym0us »

BF all the way!
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

There are way too many BF votes. Foresters were my vote, they rock all day long. The only reason I didn't vote for Wolfpack was because they have only like, two sets.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Joel Hart
Gong Farmer

Post by Joel Hart »

Sigh, once again the Ninja have been relegated to "Other". One day it shall rise up and take it's place, but not today I think
See you on the beach! (Shameless plug for Virginia Beach Tourism)
TheCastle
Peasant

lion knights

Post by TheCastle »

lion knights coz they rule.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Royal Knights.

Sorry all you lion-hating people, but I've always loved 'royalty' factions (as opposed to various 'noble' factions), and in my theme-connected games, the Royal Knights were the Royal faction. I mean, they had the cool king, the largest castle, and the biggest army (of my factions). There was a time when a lone Royal Knight could take on about six of any other faction (except the Black Knights).

Black Knights were a close tie for second. I love their gear!!! They were always my best warriors (1 BK against 10 FKs meant devastation to Willa's army), but I only had two or three as a younger kid, and they were consequently relegated to the sidelines.

Lion Knights take third. They were the first I ever got, they look the coolest, and they're the most noble. (In my world anyway.) I call them Lion Knights because I didn't know any of the their more famous 'names' until we got the internet, so they were known as Lions, for obvious reasons.

Actually, I like all the factions. Even the Fright Knights. They all have their place. The Fright Knights are good to have because they are the one faction I have never had a problem making both evil and stupid. (Sorry FK fans, if there are any)

(Please note, I am willing to consider Ninja as a Castle faction, but not KK2. As far as I am concerned, they were released so that Town fans could build Disneyland-type theme parks.) :twisted:
Rubberchickenknight
Squire

Post by Rubberchickenknight »

Forestmen rule!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: And for the Black Falcon lovers here's a sad sight:viewtopic.php?t=1008 :cry:
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." - Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
ezehogan
Foot Soldier

Post by ezehogan »

To be honest with you, I like all of these factions besides the Bulls and the Fright Knight's. Anything from the mid 80's to 1992 or so is gold.
"A chair like this is like a girlfriend! Why would you trade in an old one that's comfortable for a new one that could be a pain in the butt?" -Archie Bunker-
erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

well, what more can i say, BLACK FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Dragon Masters definatly. Could you change it from Dragon Knights. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but Dragon Knights? Come on.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.