2006 Minifig Set Pics

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
The Hordesman
Merchant

Post by The Hordesman »

sam89 wrote:I don't think it's supposed to be Dracus. There's too many of him like you said (two in one set), and he's definitely got yellow arms and legs. I'm pretty sure they're Rogue Knights.
Yes, they are Rouge Knights allright, but Dracus is a Rouge Knight. Two good ones, two bad and one leader for each side. But it is still its wierd information we get;

Official source 1:
Vladek attacks with a horde of Rouge Knights

Official source 2:
Vladek is accompanied by two Rouge Knights

Perhaps Dracus and Karzon are the leaders of huge legions of Rouge Knights and look only slightly different from the infantry? Only speculations for now.
[url=http://s14.invisionfree.com/brick_central/index.php?act=idx]Brick Central[/url]
[url=http://s13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World.php?act=idx]Castle World, for your Lego castle stories![/url]
Dunechaser
Councilor

Post by Dunechaser »

A muted color palette, lots of Euro-armor and flecked helmets, fewer catapults, a decent parts selection -- what's not to like?! :wink:
-Andrew B.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/dunechaser/]Flickr[/url] | [url=http://www.brothers-brick.com/]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

First thing I ask myself is, "Where are the bricks?" I count at least 8 of those "turret" pieces, 6 of those new "rock"pieces that first appeared in Alpha Team and were brown in VDF, 2 of those 4?x 2 x 5 tower pieces and 1 of the new castle wall pieces. For the most part I do not use these pieces except for support under a built up MOC. A dark grey LURP, that's OK, some 1 x 2 x 5 bricks with rock pattern, good, but probably too many other 1 x 2 x 5 bricks in here...

I hope the old visors are gone in the final version (if this is not it already) Price will determine if I get any of these or not. VDF, way better. Opinion may change with more information. I am glad to see the rainbow colours extinguished. I can take these off now 8)
Troy T. Moore
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

Loox decent! Thanx for the scan. KK2 3 is definitely improving. i likes the boat with the dragon wings. It'd be nice if the Vikings made a black dragon or maybe a grey dragon hmmm....

Anyhoo I can't tell who are rogue knights and who are Jellybeans. Vladek hasn't changed much. His helmet is still ridiculously oversized. All in all KK2 3 is an improvement from the previous.

Then again, anything is better than the old KK2!
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
Tristram
Laborer

Post by Tristram »

Well, based on what I can see, I think I like it. The larger set looks like it'll be too pricey for me. We'll see. I think this is an improvement over the jellybeans, although in all honesty, I like the KK2 sets I do have.

I'm looking forward to seeing these when they go on display. I wasn't all that thrilled with the Vikings, until I saw the TRU diplay in all it's glory. So, yah, I'm anticipating liking these.
jens
Lord

Post by jens »

Troy T. Moore wrote:... 6 of those new "rock"pieces that first appeared in Alpha Team and were brown in VDF...
They seem to be twocolored: lightbluishgray to maybe darkgreen. If it is darkgreen it would be difficult for me to use them, I don't have enough darkgreen for landscaping...

regards,
jens
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

The oversized Santis, Danju and Vladek visors are still there but in better colours though... Ugly swords, countless catapults and pointless Bionicle pieces.

Apart from that I´m pretty enthusiastic about this. A good variety of shields and of course; a mace! Not that we haven´t done it before but it´s nice to see LEGO using it in official sets. It also seems Jayko´s shield is in another colour, looks good.

And the set design isn´t terrible, the boat looks good and the other sets could of course have been better but I think they are an improvement of last year at least.

So maybe I´ll buy my second KKII set next year :D
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Tanotrooper
Gentleman

Post by Tanotrooper »

those are maces alright, but why does that shadow knight has yellow legs?

TT
my brickshelf gallery:
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Tanotrooper[/url]

Please take a look at my TTfigs:
[url]http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... 7&start=15[/url]
Ristridin
Bailiff

Post by Ristridin »

First thing I ask myself is, "Where are the bricks?" I count at least 8 of those "turret" pieces, 6 of those new "rock"pieces that first appeared in Alpha Team and were brown in VDF, 2 of those 4?x 2 x 5 tower pieces and 1 of the new castle wall pieces. For the most part I do not use these pieces except for support under a built up MOC. A dark grey LURP, that's OK, some 1 x 2 x 5 bricks with rock pattern, good, but probably too many other 1 x 2 x 5 bricks in here...
I agree, Troy. I realy dislike the big pieces, they are more for children under the age of 5.
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

Where's the sorcerer? :cry:
VikingLord
Villein

Post by VikingLord »

I'll maybe get the Drawbridge set.
Proud fan of Lego Castle 1978-1999 and Vikings
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Shakes head sadly at failing eyesight.....

You guys can tell anything from these blurry blobs?
8)

(no, those aren't "cool" sunglasses, they are opaque - just imagine the smile upside down)
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

Hmm. I admit that I'm a little disapointed after seeing the maxifigs that there are no new helmets, but I still like these sets. The set design still isn't great in IMO, but KK2 is getting better with each year.
The Hag
Freeman

Post by The Hag »

hmm..

I bought the KK1 king Leo's Castle in a state of irresposibility .. and left the KK2 sets untouched .
I did like the shadow knights very much, but the sets were just not worth it, piece-wise ...

The chess set seemed a great way to expand my army.. lots of shadow knights, but the baby-blue .. please ... come on, what where they thinking ? .. lets not give them to many good minifigs or we'll get sold out ????

Now, KK2-3 gives me some hope again, the sets seem to have more interesting pieces, i might get the boat if i ever stop buying from ebay :D ..

I like the armours, helmets and shields a lot and its time i got myself some bley :D ,sorry, cant fight it any longer im afraid. But i REALLY really wish TLG would make an army set again .. please give me a box with a few rogue knights and some other minifgs .. *sigh* .. i think those days are behind us now ..
The Hag
Freeman

Post by The Hag »

Found this at the frontpage of www.lowlug.nl:

A Scan from a free calendar from ToysRus showing a 2006 castle set : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1560498 !!! :D

credit to LEgON from lowlug